Exhausts 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Exhausts
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Is there really a differnce in exhaust note between a redback system and a lukey, im trying to decided which one. Much appreciate if you guys could help.
Cheers

BA XR6 black, superlows, 18' AMG, gt body kit, 5 speed.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef gli 6

NSW, Australia

the red back has a deeper growl then the lukey but the luckey is louder

ef falcon lowered 2anda half inches 18inch chromies kenwood cd player with pusions in the front and back red dog extractors with a 2and a half inch straight through lucky exhaust

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

I actually think the Lukey sounds deeper and better, but i haven't compared them on identical cars...

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:40 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

from mem the muffler in mine is magnaflow? its very raspy compared to redback/lukeys

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i got a redback on my ef and my mates got a lukey, both 2.5' 1 muffler and a hot dog,
the lukey is noticeably louder and has a throatier sound where as the redback has a much deeper note and sounds like its got more grunt,
my opinion go the lukey, cheaper and louder

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

i'v been a exhaust fitter for at least 2 years ....and it's my opinion that a full custom system is much better than these bolt on system's !!! If you wanted a system that sounded good and more power i would use a 3" high flow cat ,with 2.5" pipe work with a 3" genie turbo muffler and a fluted 2.5" hotdog on the rear.

why go fast in a str8 line .......when ya can slide fast !!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

drft_au wrote:
i'v been a exhaust fitter for at least 2 years ....and it's my opinion that a full custom system is much better than these bolt on system's !!! If you wanted a system that sounded good and more power i would use a 3" high flow cat ,with 2.5" pipe work with a 3" genie turbo muffler and a fluted 2.5" hotdog on the rear.

i dunno about the cat, most people say the stock cat flows good enough
extractors(pacemaker) and any 2.5 exhaust are defanitly the best for peformance and bang for your buck

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

well when you fit pacemaker's u have to either cut and mod the standerd cut from the engine pipe of buy a new one....so why would u put a standerd style cat when u could fit a hi-flow type.....plus there is only about 40 buck difference in price from 2.5" to 3" i would rather use a lager one with more flow with 2.5" pipe ( u just stretch 2.5" pipe to 3") plus with 3" mufflers u get alot more flow with keeping the sound of the car in check as well

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

i agree with drft_au, im running a system surprisingly similer to what he said. sept a 2.5" muffler, and no hotdog.

p.s. if there was a poll, highflow cats would win, as "they flow enough" just isnt enough, BUT that depends on what you do with the car, rev or not?

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

drft_au wrote:
well when you fit pacemaker's u have to either cut and mod the standerd cut from the engine pipe of buy a new one

true

l
Quote:
....so why would u put a standerd style cat when u could fit a hi-flow type.....

1)because its cheaper,
2) the stander ones arent very restrictive
3)$300+ its not worth 1-3rwkw, money can be spent elsewhere

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

I had a 2.5" redback cat back on my old EA with a stock cat and one muffler, sounded great! I think my cam made a difference to the exhaust note as well but it was good as.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:23 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

why would u use a standerd cat if ur spending the money on a good quailty system??? say if u had a au for instance the cat would roughly be 9 to 5 years old if it's been replaced from stock .... so it's full of carbon possible ready to crack from years of abuse........plus with the extra flow when it comes time to use fored induction ur exhaust system would be ready for the task....

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

drft_au wrote:
why would u use a standerd cat if ur spending the money on a good quailty system??? say if u had a au for instance the cat would roughly be 9 to 5 years old if it's been replaced from stock .... so it's full of carbon possible ready to crack from years of abuse........plus with the extra flow when it comes time to use fored induction ur exhaust system would be ready for the task....

because like i said before

Quote:
1)because its cheaper,
2) the standerd ones arent very restrictive
3)$300+ its not worth 1-3rwkw, money can be spent elsewhere

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

dude do u even have extractors????? nice heat sheid on your standerd manifold.........or does ur standerd manifold folw as good as a set of extractor's....

there is a reason why we say fit a aftermarket cat......because u need to cut the standerd one up then flick the ends up to 2.5" to be able to slide the 2.5" tube in to it...

stop being a tight a**.......does neone have flow test's form a standerd 6 banger cat and a hi-flow type???

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

1)dude do u even have extractors????? nice heat sheid on your standerd manifold.........or does ur standerd manifold folw as good as a set of extractor's....

so youve seen 1 pic and you think you no what ive done to my cars?
the ef that i got has extractors and im not talkin s**t d**k.
did i say that standerd manifold folw as good as a set of extractor's???
if i did please quote me where i did

2)there is a reason why we say fit a aftermarket cat......because u need to cut the standerd one up then flick the ends up to 2.5" to be able to slide the 2.5" tube in to it...

im not stupid i now what you have to do to a standerd cat to fit extractors on, youse talk about a cat as if it will add 3000kw.
i never for 1 second said that a standerd cat is better then a aftermarket hi-flow one, all i said is that when it comes down to cost and peformance, money can be spent elsewhere where you can gain more power then a hiflow cat will give you!!!

3)stop being a tight a**.......

go have a sook

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Last edited by 4dlvr on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next