Fordmods Logo

Extractors - No improvement 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Have you replaced the cold air snorkel with a AU2 V8 snorkel? from wrecker or new (from FORD) about $37. Reset ECU by disconnecting battery for about a hour, when disconnected have key in operated position.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

those free flow cats don't flow as the name suggest, or you have to much flow that the exhaust gas velocity slow down until you hit pass 3000rpm.

ph4499 are for low to mid torque.

did you get your old cat converter back from the workshop? you'll probably find its better then hiflow as you'll need a pit of back pressure to shift the power lower. get a cone reducer between the cat & exhaust, 2.5" facing the cat & 2.25" facing backwards.

I might have to re word this.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR6

WA, Australia

quick question guys, i can get lukey headers and 2.5" mild steel exhaust with sports muffler for $600 all brand new.
is it worth going that setup or paying more for a better brand and stainless steel?
i thinking it will do and spend the money i save on something else.
i mean brands cant mean too much of a difference can they!

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:11 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fg Mk11 Turbo

VIC, Australia

noble001 wrote:
Have you replaced the cold air snorkel with a AU2 V8 snorkel? from wrecker or new (from FORD) about $37. Reset ECU by disconnecting battery for about a hour, when disconnected have key in operated position.

yeah I have replaced it, but haven't got my ecu resetted yet, probably thinking of doing that next..

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:16 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
those free flow cats don't flow as the name suggest, or you have to much flow that the exhaust gas velocity slow down until you hit pass 3000rpm.

did you get your old cat converter back from the workshop? you'll probably find its better then hiflow as you'll need a pit of back pressure to shift the power lower. get a cone reducer between the cat & exhaust, 2.5" facing the cat & 2.25" facing backwards.

I might have to re word this.!

no I didn't I would have thought the stainless hiflow cat would have done it's job. lol I could try to get the thing your talking about, but from were n how much ?

Cheers..

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

boosting wrote:
Slick wrote:

no I didn't I would have thought the stainless hiflow cat would have done it's job. lol I could try to get the thing your talking about, but from were n how much ?

Cheers..
the place you got your exhaust done should stock them. tell them to weld a flange on it. it'll slide into the exhaust pipe, the cone flange will get sandwiched between the cat & exhaust pipe holding it in place. good thing about it is you can remove it later on if your after more power upgrade.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:13 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
boosting wrote:
Slick wrote:

Cheers..
the place you got your exhaust done should stock them. tell them to weld a flange on it. it'll slide into the exhaust pipe, the cone flange will get sandwiched between the cat & exhaust pipe holding it in place. good thing about it is you can remove it later on if your after more power upgrade.

kool thanks ill give that a go. get my ecu reset and the cone thing :D

cheers...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2