Extractors 

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Extractors
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1997 Ford Falcon GLI Sapphire

NSW, Australia

Hi all,

just wanted to ask all you N.S.W'ers out there, is it legal for a red p plater to have extractors on their car? I know it's and engine modification but then again so is an exhaust system and theres thousands of people with them roaming around.

Post subject: Re: Extractors
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

I think it is illegal, some wanna check, in nsw, but if you dont act like a idiot in front of cops and get them to pull you over should be fine, unless you make a heat shiled over them to be out of site.

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Last edited by frd906n on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

So yes, i have not tried to sell my car, and don't plan to until it completely dies.

Well thanks for clearing that up, was reading "No engine performance mods" But nearly everyone here has exhaust systems which if anything adds 1kw, due to their big ricer cannons.

Last edited by Jason_EL on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Should have quoted whatever was said. frd906n is a d**k.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Lol i don't mind mate, would you know, since you live in N.S.W too?

As soon as i was reading, you've sold your car before, i was like WTH i think i would know if i have tried to sell my car or not :) .

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i dont think you will get done for the extractors..
providing the rest of the car is legal? and you dont go hooning?
and in an event where you might get pulled over, well playing dumb is the best thing to do!.
all you got to do if they ask if the car has modifications? is say not as far as i know!!
if they mention the extractors well you just tell them.."i dont know much about cars this is how it was when i bought it officer"... :) :)

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

haha sounds good. Well the rest of the car is legal as far as i know. Except for that stupid "No engine mods" thing, i have an exhaust system.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Jason_EL wrote:
haha sounds good. Well the rest of the car is legal as far as i know. Except for that stupid "No engine mods" thing, i have an exhaust system.

Just makesure you have the extractors down on your insurance form, also if you fit a sports exhaust. You need to declare these modifications these days..........Better to be safe than sorry$$$$$$$$.

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
Jason_EL wrote:

Just makesure you have the extractors down on your insurance form, also if you fit a sports exhaust. You need to declare these modifications these days..........Better to be safe than sorry$$$$$$$$.

I think insurance will pick up on the fact he is driving a modified car when it isn't legal for him to do so...remember assessors are the biggest c units known to man.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:06 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I have not notified the insurance, but i don't really care, if anything happens just wont claim i had the system or extractors as it didn't cost a huge amount (even if its 1/3 of the cars value), haha.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yes, but your insurance will try to void any claim you make (i.e over the whole car) as soon as an assessor see's extractors (which stick out like dogs balls). Whether they can actually void it because of that I am not sure, but they will definately try and you will have an a*** of a time dealing with the C*** regardless.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
EL__Fairmont wrote:
Jason_EL wrote:

I think insurance will pick up on the fact he is driving a modified car when it isn't legal for him to do so...remember assessors are the biggest c units known to man.

When my mum wrote off my 180sx, it was unroadworthy, and I had removed the stereo equipment and they still paid us out in full.

(had front mount intercooler+unenclosed pod, intercooler piping went through a hole cut into battery tray, was illegally low and probably would have failed EPA test)

They didn't say anything, I just got the full agreed value minus excess in my bank account a few days later...Just Cars FTW

1: Mum's car: ED XR6 wagon.zorst,stereo
2: My cars: Holden Monaro CV8-Z 2005. ls1 v8 :)
3: Nissan 180sx.sr20det, ~180rwkw.Lotsa mods,0-100 in 5.2secs.crashed into pole :(
4: EB2 Fairmont. 5spd,2.5" zorst,hi-flow cat,extractors,wade977b,j3, plus a 152dB 200psi train horn

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

paul09 wrote:
skidder wrote:
EL__Fairmont wrote:
Jason_EL wrote:

When my mum wrote off my 180sx, it was unroadworthy, and I had removed the stereo equipment and they still paid us out in full.

(had front mount intercooler+unenclosed pod, intercooler piping went through a hole cut into battery tray, was illegally low and probably would have failed EPA test)

They didn't say anything, I just got the full agreed value minus excess in my bank account a few days later...Just Cars FTW

Whether the car is unroadworthy or not your mum was still licensed to drive it. A guy I work with wasn't covered by insurance for driving a v8 on his P's - they tried to take it to court and got a ruling against them. Whether the courts would follow this for a modified car I am unsure of as haven't heard any cases and it is a bit more vague then simply being a v8.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Lookin for a EB or ED fairmont

SA, Australia

Don't think you realy need extractors, just get a redback zorst from the cat to the bumper or just get a heatshield of some kind(My couson made 1 up and bent it a bit a poured brake fluid on it and it looks just like a rusted stock standerd one :) )

Car got Crushed
R.I.P EB Fairmont 05/06/2010

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Crazy6ltr wrote:
Don't think you realy need extractors, just get a redback zorst from the cat to the bumper or just get a heatshield of some kind(My couson made 1 up and bent it a bit a poured brake fluid on it and it looks just like a rusted stock standerd one :) )

Well what does the heatshield do that a set of extractors wont?
Man you are an idiot. How can you make a technical comment when you cant even get a car to smoke up?

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next