Fordmods Logo

Extractors... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Extractors...
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 BA xr6 ute

VIC, Australia

Just after some extractors... was thinking of getting pacemaker 4490's, i heard they are better for the low down torque then the 4495s?

I called up jim mock motorsport in melbourne, and they told me that i need a set of extractors at $590 and then they said i would need something else aswell which was $530, but i thought i could just get a set of extractors and that would be it...

So im just wondering is that true, or can i just chuck some headers on and thats it?

I currently have a redback sports exhaust on my BA Xr6 Ute.

Post subject: Re: Extractors...
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

headers and extractors are the same thing, id go with the 4495's and a high-flow cat. Not sure what Jim said that would cost another $530

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

VIC, Australia

if you spoke with jimbo himself then he probably wants to sel you the rest of the zorst system from cat back.

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XT '02

NT, Australia

well if you want initial gain then 4495, but if you want low down torque then by all means go for the 4490's :D

for the best results i'd suggest getting a high-flow cat with a good exhaust system as well

Holden = Hope Our Luck Doesn't End Now

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

why would the 4490 have more torque downlow?

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XT '02

NT, Australia

i think it's the way it's designed... i THINK .. correct me if im wrong but if the pipes are shorter it's low down torque whereas if the pipes are longer and thinner it's higher gain (KW).

someone please correct me if im wrong which i think i am but i read it somewhere a while ago..

Holden = Hope Our Luck Doesn't End Now

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

There is A LOT more to it than that. The thread below isn't directly in regard to these headers, but you should be able to learn enough to make a better decision after reading it.

http://www.fordmods.com/post1200693.html

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

for normal driving just get 4490's, they don't bolt straight up to the standard cat and catback, a pipe need to be made up and welded (this is shown in the instructions that come with the pacemakers, you shouldn't be paying more then 550 for the pacemakers 4490s fitted, and when i mean shouldn't you would easily be able to get it cheaper.
im doing a full system on my car hopefully round x-mass using 4490s into a 2.5" high flow cat and redback catback with twin tips :twisted: fitted cost like 1200, i was planing on doing what you are and just get the headers but then i came across the ability to earn the money and was like hey well you only live once why not, plus i know it will bug me if i dont do it and end up costing me more in the long run :?

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]