Extractors. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Extractors.
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

thinking about picking up some extractors eventually. wondering what brand and type is best?

i get alot of people telling me to go pacemaker 4480. others 4499.

suggest away :mrgreen:

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

"Holden" - Australia's Most Widely Used Warning Label.

Post subject: Re: Extractors.
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Either will be miles ahead of stock. 4499s for low-mid range, 4480 for mid-high, or so people reckon.
I've had both, and noticed the 4480s better all round, however I dont have an otherwise stock motor.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

buy the cheapest, same outcome imo

i just had 4499's fitted along with exhaust & cat, and have noticed a loss of power down low, but when it drops back a gear you can notice extra pulling power defintely

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

ive heard mostly good things about ph4480. my motor is completely stock besides the exhaust. sluggish off the line but once it gets up around 2300-2500rpm and above it pulls hard. im looking for a bit down low since i dont really like high rev's all that much. plus my 235's are sticky enough to stop any attempt at losing traction what so ever.

whats the typical price range of a cheap set these days? i'd love to go for pacemakers but they are pretty expensive.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Wagon

ACT, Australia

If you think you might get LPG in the future get the 4499's. If not, you'll be happy with either.

I've got 4480's and then when the LPG Rebate came along, got an LPG VSI installation. The 4480's take up a bit more room in the engine bay. The 4499's will give you more room for the converter/pressure reducer.

If money's tight and you're patient, check out e-bay and the for sale section on fordmods, you should be able to get a used set for a few hundred dollars. Same with most other 'go faster' bits.

Good luck with it.

96 EF Wagon, PRINS VSI LPG, Wade 1636, 4480's, Redback zorst, Metalcat, 3 angle valve job, .5mm overbore, hypertec pistons, shaved head (because the head was banana shaped when I brought it), Tickford 16" alloys, KYB shocks, 30mm sway bar, 1 1/2 degrees negative camber, tow bar, roof racks.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

go for the lowest torque producing setup you can get. i have 4480's & its fine mid & up top, wish I had a little more just to get going. they might be more fuel efficient too

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

4480's.....just to show space taken.....ED Falcon, manual....No LPG

Attachments:
IMGP0803_resize.JPG
IMGP0803_resize.JPG [ 109.15 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]
IMGP5256.JPG
IMGP5256.JPG [ 453.58 KiB | Viewed 126 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

EF Wagon wrote:
If you think you might get LPG in the future get the 4499's. If not, you'll be happy with either.

I've got 4480's and then when the LPG Rebate came along, got an LPG VSI installation. The 4480's take up a bit more room in the engine bay. The 4499's will give you more room for the converter/pressure reducer.

If money's tight and you're patient, check out e-bay and the for sale section on fordmods, you should be able to get a used set for a few hundred dollars. Same with most other 'go faster' bits.

Good luck with it.

thanks mate. i was looking at getting LPG and was wondering how much the standard mixer setup is, but since its running really well and uses stuff all fuel ill just leave it for later on. if 4499's will give me more down low i think that shall be the go. standard as is it pulls insanely well up top. and you blokes are spot on that it will use even less fuel again with them.

sortve a little bit of a long term thing. give it a few more months probably then ill go pick some up. may as well look around until then. after that i think a cam will be next. :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]