Fordmods Logo

F6 Typhoon VS GEN 3 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: F6 Typhoon VS GEN 3
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:39 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Posts: 398

Joined: 9th Mar 2006

Ride: Falcon

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Hi Fellow Ford Modders,

I have a GEN 3 SS, 242rwkw, Mafless tune, 4-1 headers, 2.5inch twin exhaust system, Over the radiator intake, ported throttle body, 3.9 diff gears.

I went into Ford to see if Fords best the F6 Typhoon could match my beast.

I found the ford Typhoone 6 speed a little slack under about 2500rpm, whereas my GEN 3 pulls like a train right off idle, the F6 builds some nice thrust thereon through first gear, the GEN3 builds up to a bigger top end and feels like there is a higher average power.

In second gear both cars felt very similar under full fire, the Typhoon feels really good here, again I think the GEN3 is marginally quicker in my current configuration state. Lugging around, the GEN3 felt more torquey, the F6 feels a little slack at first and then builds upto a nice head of steam. My gen 3, you can turn the corner in fourth gear and it just pulls from nothing really quickly.

The GEN3 sound tough in traditional V8 music, the F6 sounds awesome, turbo and wastegate sound the part.

All in all, my Gen 3 would out punch the typhoon in a straight line but considering the typhoon is standard, thats a great car.

Add a little boost to the typhoon and a tune and it would be an absolutely awesome car.

I also drove the VE SS, I would rate the typhoon as the better drive experience, both of these cars are out punched by my GEN3.

My next car will be a typhoon or XR6T, get the mods ready, they are awesome cars.

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:46 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11738

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

...yes a done up car has the possibility of beating a stock car...thank god you straightened that out for me

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:52 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 5051

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Westside
VIC, Australia

f**k Off!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: F6 Typhoon VS GEN 3
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 946

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EA Falcon & G220 Lane

Location: Edgewater
WA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Hi Fellow Ford Modders,

I have a GEN 3 SS, 242rwkw, Mafless tune, 4-1 headers, 2.5inch twin exhaust system, Over the radiator intake, ported throttle body, 3.9 diff gears.

I went into Ford to see if Fords best the F6 Typhoon could match my beast.

I found the ford Typhoone 6 speed a little slack under about 2500rpm, whereas my GEN 3 pulls like a train right off idle, the F6 builds some nice thrust thereon through first gear, the GEN3 builds up to a bigger top end and feels like there is a higher average power.

In second gear both cars felt very similar under full fire, the Typhoon feels really good here, again I think the GEN3 is marginally quicker in my current configuration state. Lugging around, the GEN3 felt more torquey, the F6 feels a little slack at first and then builds upto a nice head of steam. My gen 3, you can turn the corner in fourth gear and it just pulls from nothing really quickly.

The GEN3 sound tough in traditional V8 music, the F6 sounds awesome, turbo and wastegate sound the part.

All in all, my Gen 3 would out punch the typhoon in a straight line but considering the typhoon is standard, thats a great car.

Add a little boost to the typhoon and a tune and it would be an absolutely awesome car.

I also drove the VE SS, I would rate the typhoon as the better drive experience, both of these cars are out punched by my GEN3.

My next car will be a typhoon or XR6T, get the mods ready, they are awesome cars.


yeh but how much oil does the phoon use compared to the GENIII ??? haha fair go d***head go post this dribble on ls1.com

 

_________________

4.0lt Balanced Bottom End, ACL Race Internals, Rspec4 Cam, BPT Swichchip, PH4480, 2.5' Lukey, Scorcher Bodykit, T5 Manual
237RWHP
Image

frd906 wrote:
LOLLOLLOLLOLOLLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: F6 Typhoon VS GEN 3
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2116

Joined: 13th Aug 2005

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
My next car will be a typhoon or XR6T, get the mods ready, they are awesome cars.


Well that just sums it up doesnt it, you prefer the typhoon to your gen3.

You may aswell have just said that and been done with it.

 

_________________

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:48 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3083

Joined: 22nd Sep 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

bwhahahaha EBV8, watch the MORONS take this bait.

agree with arm, im starting to think ebv8 is someones second account to try and stir the pot.

 

_________________

Image
latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2116

Joined: 13th Aug 2005

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

rushed wrote:
watch the MORONS take this bait.


Well you just did, didnt ya!

 

_________________

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:24 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 1780

Joined: 31st Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

nice warm reception joe. all the one eyed folk don't realise that there are other cars out there that are better value than the fords depending on what you want in life. a lot of them only type one handed too cos the other ones busy!

 

_________________

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 2983

Joined: 15th Apr 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Aberfoyle Park
SA, Australia

lol good old brain washed holden fan, comparing a worked commy to a stocko falcon

 

_________________

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 1072

Joined: 6th Jul 2006

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

Location: Craigmore
SA, Australia

now slightly work an F6 Typhoon and see what it does to a gen3..... oh by the way seen a F6 pull 327rwkw on the dyno couple of weeks ago...

I think it was slightly worked

 

_________________

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:31 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 839

Joined: 10th Sep 2006

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: V8 Falcon, Nissan Patrol

Location: Brisbane, Bouncing off 5800RPM
QLD, Australia

phongus wrote:
...yes a done up car has the possibility of beating a stock car...thank god you straightened that out for me

phong =P~


couldn't have said it better
:D

 

_________________

1993 Ford Fairmont EB II 5.0L V8 Wagon
1992 Nissan Patrol TI 4.2L Diesel 4x4 Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:33 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 140

Joined: 21st Feb 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Citric Acid

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

the way i see it, you get both cars on the track, with same power, two compotant drivers, and i would think the typhoon would walk away with it. with an R34 GT-R thrown in for good measure ;) one race i would like to see, typhoon should hold it's own too.

 

_________________

96 R33 Skyline

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2256

Joined: 5th May 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

Location: blu mtns
NSW, Australia

my mate just bought a typhoon. still pestering him to let me have a go.....

 

_________________

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: F6 Typhoon VS GEN 3
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:00 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

biggav wrote:
yeh but how much oil does the phoon use compared to the GENIII ??? haha fair go d***head go post this dribble on ls1.com


He did! They don't like him over there either :)
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=77360

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:07 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1452

Joined: 27th Apr 2005

Ride: BA

Location: campbelltown
NSW, Australia

kezz wrote:
my mate just bought a typhoon. still pestering him to let me have a go.....


Just take his car.. no that will be stealing and i will never do such a thing unless it was for a purpose like this.
Take it!

 

_________________

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head."
"Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one."

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names