Falcon EF Where to begin? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Falcon EF Where to begin?
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon EF Futura

QLD, Australia

Hey guys,

I have recently acquired a ford falcon futura EF series. I'm looking to do some prefromance work to it to get that little bit more out of it. I've come from a skyline GTS-T and it had a massive amount of power with the turbo and all. Felt fantastic to drive. The ford while it has the power just doesn't feel as "fun".

I'm not going to go to extreme, maybe another 20-50kw at the wheels would be nice. And without a turbo due to my awesome green p plate restrictions. I've already decided at some point I'll be putting the car on super lows with sport struts to give it some flair and it's already running a 2.5" sports exhaust which makes it sounds quite nice.

Basically I'd still like to be able to keep some of the fantastic fuel economy on the highway as that's where I do most of my driving, but I would also like to be able to give it some and it respond and well. I was used to my skyline sliding around corners nice and controlled the ford isn't there yet.

So where do I start? I'm thinking cams and maybe the diff?

Thanks for all the help.

Post subject: Re: Falcon EF Where to begin?
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 04 BA Mk2 Xr6

Start by changing your attitude towards falcons. They are not made in the same league as skylines. And unless you put $$$$$$ into it you won't get it there.
First off make it breath better, CAI, change your intake piping to a BA intake. Throw in a typhoon snorkel and extractors. Add a J3 chip, put in a lumpier cam and get a vernier timing gear. Once you get the money change the diff to 3.45 or higher.
Simply put, it's a falcon, not a skyline. They are made for two different markets.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Falcon EF Where to begin?
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon EF Futura

QLD, Australia

Loving it so far. Just a very different feel.

I've been looking at the pacemaker extractors which seem like a good start along with changing the setup to a pod filter. Still keeping the stock airbox but getting rid of all the piping and changing it to as short as possible stainless steel or aluminium.

I'll have a look at the snorkel.

Thanks.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]