Fordmods Logo

falcon el wont start. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: falcon el wont start.
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon el

SA, Australia

Hi there. ive had a problem with my EL not starting in the last few days. first off i went out sunday morning to go out and the car wouldnt fire. Checked for spark which was ok. figured it could be a fuel problem so i poured some fuel into the throttle body and started straight up and kept running.i thought that maybe the fuel pump could be faulty and decided to change it that day.everything seemed fine after that until tuesday morning when i got up to go to work and it wouldnt start while cranking.not having time to check anything i left it until i came home later in the day and turned it over and it fired up first shot.anyway the next morning the same thing happened it wouldnt fire again. left it until later in the day again and tried it but this time still wouldnt fire up. after reading the forums on here i concluded that it could be a number of things. at this piont of time i checked for spark which it didnt have. so i decided to call the RAA to come out and have a look and he suggested that it pionted strongly to a tfi module problem.so he suggested to purchase a complete dizzy assembly being the easier option. Any thoughts and reccomendations on this matter would be greatly appreciated cheers.

Post subject: Re: falcon el wont start.
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon el

SA, Australia

im back again. anyway i purchased a new bosch dizzy and replaced it yesterday and car was running fine. Went out this morning and car wouldnt start again damn. I checked the spark and that is all ok so im not sure where to go from here so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated cheers.

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

likky wrote:
im back again. anyway i purchased a new bosch dizzy and replaced it yesterday and car was running fine. Went out this morning and car wouldnt start again damn. I checked the spark and that is all ok so im not sure where to go from here so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated cheers.

change the fuel filter.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

When it doesn't go. smack the lower panel at your left knee.

The BEM (body electrics module) tend to suffer from dry joints.

If hitting it gives you different results, simply replace the module with a secon hand one.

Also the Ignition barrel may have loose contacts, the contacts are on the left hand sinde of the ignition barrel, you'll need to remove the shroud to inspect, the contacts are 'staked' into the end of the barrel and the PCB can work loose. causing endless symptoms like your encountering.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]