Fordmods Logo

fan rewiring 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: fan rewiring
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2256

Joined: 5th May 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

Location: blu mtns
NSW, Australia

hi guys im going to ring up some auto electricians tomorrow to get my fans working, as they dont work and the car overheats. im just wondering if anyone can give me some ball park figures on the job?

thanks

Kezz

 

_________________

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

not realy dude could be any thing from $25 up to hundreds

it depends what the problem is

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:54 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

mmm the relays could be screwed

you could wire tehm up yourself pretty easy


ball park figure... how good is the auto elec?

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2256

Joined: 5th May 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

Location: blu mtns
NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
not realy dude could be any thing from $25 up to hundreds

it depends what the problem is


basically the fans arent even working. it thought they were but theyre not. i dont really want to muck around with the electrics of the car cos this is important and i dont want to kill it.

frank the auto electrician im gonna call is a mates brother, but even then you can never be too sure

 

_________________

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:02 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

I would guess its the relays or the fuse as well. I really hope they don't charge you too much as it's a simple job.

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2256

Joined: 5th May 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

Location: blu mtns
NSW, Australia

voxace wrote:
I would guess its the relays or the fuse as well. I really hope they don't charge you too much as it's a simple job.


yeh ive got some idea but not enough to be fully confident

 

_________________

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

kezz wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
not realy dude could be any thing from $25 up to hundreds

it depends what the problem is


basically the fans arent even working. it thought they were but theyre not. i dont really want to muck around with the electrics of the car cos this is important and i dont want to kill it.

frank the auto electrician im gonna call is a mates brother, but even then you can never be too sure



yes but there are many reason why they don't work.
depends on the reason as to how much it could be.
if it's some thing simple like the others have said it wont cost much.

but falcon fans do tend to burn out so you could be up for new fans.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:10 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

Well, if you can locate the relay block for the thermos you can test them. It's as simple as hooking up 12v to pin 85, and grounding pin 86 and listening for the click.

Or you could pull swap in similar relays from elsewhere in the car one by one and seeing if it works.

I assume you have checked the fuse for the system, I assume there is one (I don't own ef/el sorry).

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:12 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
but falcon fans do tend to burn out so you could be up for new fans.


Ahh yes, and then theres that. If you find yourself a couple of lengths of wire you can test this yourself also.

Hook one wire up to +ve and the other to -ve on the battery, and then apply these to the respective terminals on the thermofans.

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 105

Joined: 3rd Nov 2005

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EB Fairmont Ghia

Location: Northern Burbs Adelaide
SA, Australia

See If You Have 12 Volts Comming Out Of Pin 30 On The Relay :? :?

 

_________________

EB Fairmont Ghia 6 -160rwkw (E85 tune)
ZL Fairlane 6 - Grandpa Spec
XW Falcon 221 2V

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 105

Joined: 3rd Nov 2005

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EB Fairmont Ghia

Location: Northern Burbs Adelaide
SA, Australia

Pin 87 Sorry!!

 

_________________

EB Fairmont Ghia 6 -160rwkw (E85 tune)
ZL Fairlane 6 - Grandpa Spec
XW Falcon 221 2V

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:54 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5587

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

kezz wrote:
yeh ive got some idea but not enough to be fully confident
Good opportunity for some self education - you have to start somewhere. You could possibly ask some of the Sydney Fordmods members to help you out - I don't think they'd mind to give you a couple hours of their time in exchange for a few beers or whatever.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2256

Joined: 5th May 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

Location: blu mtns
NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
kezz wrote:
yeh ive got some idea but not enough to be fully confident
Good opportunity for some self education - you have to start somewhere. You could possibly ask some of the Sydney Fordmods members to help you out - I don't think they'd mind to give you a couple hours of their time in exchange for a few beers or whatever.


yeh that would be good, cos i want to get this sorted before the crusie next sat.

 

_________________

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:41 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names