Fordmods Logo

FG Falcon Ute (R6) help with mod questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: FG Falcon Ute (R6) help with mod questions
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon FG R6 Ute

TAS, Australia

Hi, im new hear and been looking through a few things but cant really find the information i want, wondering if someone could either help with the information or point me in the right direction.
I have recently purchased a new FG Falcon R6 Ute, and want to do a few little inexpensive mods, such as put in a chip, K&N airfilter, and change my Cat Conv to a high flow one instead of the factory one it has. My main worry is about putting in a "Chip" as i do not want to wreck anything that is going to be costly, i have found a Chip on eBay witch is from a copany called "Punk Preformance" they call the chip a "Dyno Power Preformance Chip" from what i can gather it is operated by tunring a simple screw like system wondering if anyone knows the product and weather they are worth looking at or will the just be a waste of time. it offers (in the add) at least 15% more preformance, easy set up, and the option of useing a toggle switch to turn the chip on and off, apparently if turned off the car will run as normal? just wondering if these mods are the way to go and any other info you can help with.
thanks

Post subject: Re: FG Falcon Ute (R6) help with mod questions
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

hmm... have not heard too many people "chipping" their b series falcons... 98% percent flash tune their b series... no cutting wires.. no modifications to fit .. (as you do not fit it) -it just flashes a tune into your stock computer.. and can garraunteed be reset back to stock tune...

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

JJFielding129 wrote:
I have recently purchased a new FG Falcon R6 Ute, and want to do a few little inexpensive mods, such as put in a chip, K&N airfilter, and change my Cat Conv

welcome to fordmods JJ, fordget about the "Chip",it will not give you any more performance and will probably just make your nice new R6 run rich, most people "Flash Tune" newer falcons (au,ba and fg) last time i looked that started around the $700 mark...
K&N filter is a good idea, also a FG XR8 air intake (see link)
http://www.fordmods.com/ferntree-gully-auto-salvage-f24/fg-6cyl-cold-air-intake-now-available-t67273.html
not sure if changing the cat converer will give you much improvment with the rest of the exhaust still standard... probably best of with a cat back exhaust first off, i got mine for $330 fitted although its an AU prices should be pretty simular

hope that helps :)

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

hey thanks a bunch for the help, ill see how i go with the cat conv and post a report on weather or not it helps, up weather not i will chip the ute or not is undecided now ha ha but i will persavier and see how things go
thanks a bunch

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I don't wish to put a downer on your ideas JJ but is this vehicle still under warranty? If so, you could be treading in a mine field here? :roll:

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

yeah the vehilcle is still under warrenty but i been checking with ford and the high flow cat will not change anything but they are a bit "iffy" about the chip/tuner, but if worst comes to worst i been told that if i change something they dont agree with they it will void warrenty on that part/ system only so just deciding weather or not to bight the bullet so to speak

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

a high flow cat will be a complete waste of money fg's flow good for stock, with no mods at all most muffler shops will just laugh even with a modded motor for $300+ the power gains are that little is not worth it, you dont chip ba's and fg's take it to performance shop for a couple hundred they will flash tune it. A friends got an fg xr6 195kw stock after spending just over $500 on exhaust and flash tune it goes hard as and sounds excelent

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]