FG xr6 mods 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: FG xr6 mods
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6 Tunna

VIC, Australia

gday guys
iv had a flick threw the forums and have not found anything im after so i figured id just ask.
in the next few weeks ill be taking delivery of 1 of the last FG XR6 tunnas before they get this very ugly face lift, and ill be fitting an SS inductions Big Mouth and Growler kit, Herrod Motorsport headers and high flow cats and an exaust of some description, thinking 2 1/2 inch with single mufler into 2 pipes dumped just over the diff.
if anyone has done anything similar to this can you provide me with any feed back on what you found?
performance, fuel economy and any dramas you may have experianced

cheers

P.S sorry about the bad spelling

Post subject: Re: FG xr6 mods
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Falcon XR6 FG 2010

ACT, Australia

Hey Mate,

Do you have a non turbo? or a turbo?
Ive got a 2010 XR6 non turbo, and ive been doing some search on what can be done to them.
They go really well with a SS growler Intake, makes the exhaust sound beasty.
Ive also been told by my local exhaust shop that if you gunna do the exhaust, to stay a single tip, not dual. Aparently dual tip will make the sound really droney.
Just what ive heard.
Cant wait to hear what youve done with it :)

2010 XR6 FG

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Falcon EB II

QLD, Australia

I've got an FG XR6 non turbo, put a bigger intake on, K&N panel, 2 1/2 xforce mild steel cat back on and a SCT X3 flash tune. Goes really nice and sounds amazing (Has dual tips), with fuel economy, it actually got better, I'm using 11.5 around town... that's with the aircon and not babying it. My next mod is extractors (down low torque), high flow cat, and then a custom tune.

Interested in the results you guys get.

~EB II~AU series III engine~4499s~high flow cat~2.5 inch exhaust~BBM~Shift kit stage 2~J3 chip~K&N pod~
Next mod: 3.9 LSD

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Trav1s wrote:
I've got an FG XR6 non turbo, put a bigger intake on, K&N panel, 2 1/2 xforce mild steel cat back on and a SCT X3 flash tune. Goes really nice and sounds amazing (Has dual tips), with fuel economy, it actually got better, I'm using 11.5 around town... that's with the aircon and not babying it. My next mod is extractors (down low torque), high flow cat, and then a custom tune.

You will not get any noticeable increase in low down torque with extractors, improvements will be noticed above 3000-3500rpm. If you want it too punch off the line, you need too change your diff gears.....

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

when i had my 08 model i used an f6 airbox, extractors wer made up from scratch and a 2.5" sports system with single lukey muffler and high flow 100cpi cat with the gt tail pipe, went hard and sounded mad

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

ive got a g6e with twin 2.5 inch and quad tips. no drone. also got hi flow cat and extractors. a full tank will get me approx 650 to 700kms around town, and although im not a grandpa driver, i dont flog the bananas out of my pride and joy. rather than the ss inductions air intake i went with the intake from the fg xr8, and pulled out the restrictor. made a difference on throttle response. still a bit heavy off the line as im running stock diff gears, but once its moving it goes nuts. also consider that an aftermarket exhaust will set off your o2 sensors, a tune will be needed to clear them. plus your warranty will be affected.

also i agree whole heartedly on the fg facelift. freaking terrible. worst. facelift. ever.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:49 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Falcon EB II

QLD, Australia

EL___Fairmont wrote:
Trav1s wrote:

You will not get any noticeable increase in low down torque with extractors, improvements will be noticed above 3000-3500rpm. If you want it too punch off the line, you need too change your diff gears.....

Over the stock headers there will be noticeable down low torque, I've done my research on which extractors I want, as my car will be mainly for the street, I'd like low down torque, which is why I'm going the 4490s.

1500rpm to 3800rpm - 4490's
3500rpm to 6000rpm - 4495's

Taken from this thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=106134

~EB II~AU series III engine~4499s~high flow cat~2.5 inch exhaust~BBM~Shift kit stage 2~J3 chip~K&N pod~
Next mod: 3.9 LSD

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford FG

ACT, Australia

Ive got a 2010 FG XR6 N/A, i put a 2.1/2" system through it, Pacemaker Headers, 100cpi cat and a growler intake.

I havent had it tuned, and ive got no engine light.

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xr6 fg (na)

NSW, Australia

my engine light did not come on until about 1000kms after install of my pacemaker headers high flow cat and 2.5" exhaust. sounds awesome. recently installed growler intake and big mouth intake.. sounds amazing under heavy throttle.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]