Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: FG XR6 POD FILTER
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

WA, Australia

hey guys just wondering if any one has put a pod filter on an ba bf fg xr6 n/a
other than the ss inductions growler setup and if so what they used , adaptors ect and could you post any pics of ya setup please .

Post subject: Re: FG XR6 POD FILTER
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

my cars a BA, if you want pics ill put some up, but this is what i did
used pvc piping to connect the pod to the factory rubber pipe that comes off from the airbox (used screw clamps to hold in place, the used cable ties to suspend the pod filter so that its not banging around or scratching off paint, or damaging the filter.
then i got flute board (5 bucks a sheet from bunnings, made a box to stop the hotair and make it legal, painted box black with blue stripes :twisted: .
good set up, sounds nice under load and the best part, growler=$450-550, my set up=$30. and for a na 6 a growler will give little or no benefit over my setup.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

What about the current FPV setup? That looks like it can flow a serious amount of air.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

as in the setup on the brand spanking new supercharged GT???, i know on my ba i had the typhoon setup originally, i wanted to seek sound so i put a pod on, with the pod on their i noticed the tiniest slightest next to nothing increase over the typhoon set up with K&N, however as i said i did it for the sound increase. as ive been told from everyone one with a pod filter on a car with a aftermarket exhaust, the exhaust will drown out the pod sound, so im probably gonna put the typhoon set up back on, cause it looks nice stock when the cops come round telling me to pop the hood.
so the lesson her is, are you looking at exhaust in the future, if yes, go with the F6 setup with a K&N filter, (assuming it bolts straight onto the fg xr6, id imagine it would). if no exhaust just go for a pod filter set up and make sure its enclosed in a box, not only does the box make it legal but also stops the hot air being sucked in, and you will notice a difference in power when hot air is being sucked in

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes as in the brand spanking Gt and GS falcons.
Just sitting there it looks like it would out flow anything that ss inductions have to offer. Be nice to see a comparo, both in a vaccum only situation and working as ram air. But till then I'll vouch for the factory unit.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i wonder how much it would cost, i dought it will be cheap and for obvious reasons you will have to source it from ford dealership. since you own a fg im guessing it should bolt right on, i had a close look at the intakes at the motor show, they do look effective however as far as i could see (dont take my word on this one) they didnt have a intake under the headlight, and i reckon if they did it would give it just that little bit more air.

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

just google it , looks like it'll do the job and its a much more attractive looking
pod filter/airbox set up , but will this bolt straight on to a fg xr6 n/a and will it be compatable
with a n/a 6 , this setup is for a supercharged 8 is it not ? or does this not matter seen as i'm
only looking at bolting the pod filter and airbox on ?

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It is a straight fit and it has almost no effect on the state of tune of your engine.
As for a second hole under the headlight, it might not work as well as you think. It might even be a backward step. Punching a hole in the bottom of it would almost certainly bleed off some of the ram air pressure generated.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hmm that is a good point about the ram, i had a look at the set up however and im not sure how much ramming it would do, their would be some but only a very small amount im guessing

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Bionic BA MkII XR6

Power: 175 rwkw

WA, Australia

winman wrote:
i wonder how much it would cost, i dought it will be cheap

You can bet your balls straight from Ford it will not be cheap at all !!

BIONIC 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 - XR8 Snorkle - Typhoon 2nd CAI - K & N Panel Filter - polished BBM intake - polished ceramic coated Pacemaker 4490 headers - Magnaflow 3.5" high flow Cat - Full mandrel stainless exh syst - 4speed SSS -BPT Custom tune - 20% UDrive - XR8 Calipers/rotors - 175 rwkw

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
winman wrote:
i wonder how much it would cost, i dought it will be cheap

1Rik_Biel wrote:
You can bet your balls straight from Ford it will not be cheap at all !!

im guessing and i mean GUESSING, it could be of a similar or more expense to buy the new gt intake compared to a growler, im making this guess on the fact the f6 setup is round the couple hundred ball park to buy the lot, and this gt intake has allot plastic, mega new and would have a larger demand then supply, and lastly that big a*** pod filter has got to cost a packet on its own. it its look EVIL :twisted:

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

This is the old E and A series tickford snorkle episode all over again. It will originally be steep but one all of the ex holden converts wrap their FPV's around various solid objects, their price on the second hand market should plumet. That is untill the ebay scamming gypsy's catch on.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

rang ford yesty too see if i could get a price for this brand new set up they told us
that it ain't even been priced as yet . I'm thinking it will be quite exspensive though .

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Pappa Smurf should be able to get a price on them soon. Since they are using a paper pod filter you could get a 20 buck calibre unit from supercheap.
My guess for the complete assembly will be around the 500 buck mark, and you may need a matcing fpv vin number to get one.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]