Fordmods Logo

Finally i am going to do it!!! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6 Hybrid

ACT, Australia

my falcon only stalls up to 2k, but thats pretty much all i need for a good take off.

Manual EL XR6, 2.5" Lukey Exhaust System, Pacemaker 4499 extractors, K-mack Adjustable camber kit, Pedders adjustable coilovers, K&N intake, 18" BSA291's, Full Alpine Tyre R entertainment system.
Formerly known as Liam~EF 95

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

well you can stall it to a max of 2000 rpm (in my BA) anything more and im SMOKIN EM :D

i usually do a standstill and just let go of the brake for take off...it slingshots the BA off the line alot better...1st gear in the falcons is tooo tall!

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ok cheers, ill give it a try. :)

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

I know these guys are only trying to give you good advice and I'm not having a go at them but....How about you just take your car to the strip (no s**t tyre deflation, no tricks, no secrets, no tearing out of the back seat) and just race the thing :)

Sure, stall it up, go for the quickest reaction time you can and give it all you've got, but it just s**t me to tears when you see these blokes who deflate their tyres, take out the spare and the jack, run the tank down as empty as they can possibly get it, loose the water in the window wipers etc etc.

s**t, when you pull up at the lights, the other bloke isn't going to give you time to do all that sort of s**t is he? No. He's not. And if you do do all that crap, it's not really representative of what your car can REALLY do is it??? Again, no :)

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF Falcon

VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
I know these guys are only trying to give you good advice and I'm not having a go at them but....How about you just take your car to the strip (no s**t tyre deflation, no tricks, no secrets, no tearing out of the back seat) and just race the thing :)

Sure, stall it up, go for the quickest reaction time you can and give it all you've got, but it just s**t me to tears when you see these blokes who deflate their tyres, take out the spare and the jack, run the tank down as empty as they can possibly get it, loose the water in the window wipers etc etc.

s**t, when you pull up at the lights, the other bloke isn't going to give you time to do all that sort of s**t is he? No. He's not. And if you do do all that crap, it's not really representative of what your car can REALLY do is it??? Again, no :)

(Well Said) downingj

EFBIGNIK 145.9 RWKW Falcon / 16.27 @ 86.72mph (Stock)
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/e ... urnout.flv

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

on the street is different but if u pay big money for a few runs at the drags i make sure my car wil get lose to its best time as possible... so a half tank for me, no spare, n no jack... +deflated rear tyres... i not a noob n do this stuff on the street.. is only for the track..

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2