Fitting AU Mtr in place of EF mtr 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Fitting AU Mtr in place of EF mtr
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 pm 
QLD Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Ford Falcon Wagon

QLD, Australia

Thanks Troyman i might wait till i get this motor of ebay and do the manifold and sort the sump out i will probably cut the k frame and then just weld some flat onto it for some strength have extractors so no problem their and its gas / petrol so will run mainly on gas so no pinging and then when i am ready for Sensors will then give you a yell if i cant figure it out what dizzy is on the Au is it like the EF or do i change it

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

SV-Valiant: My AU engine from ebay came with the edis coil pack and it is the same as the EF so no coil problems. I'm also using the AU thermo housing and connecting the AU sensor at the rear of the engine into the EF wiring (same as xr_lane). Main reason is my cooling system parts are all past there used by date (major corrosion and leaks ) so want to retain as much of the AU engine and parts as possible.

If your thermostat housing is in good nick, do like Troyman suggested and just transfer it form the EF donk to the AU.

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:13 pm 
QLD Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Ford Falcon Wagon

QLD, Australia

Hi Troyman you still here, I have bought a au motor and actually i missed out on this motor on ebay but the guy had given me the diff for my sons car and when we went to collect it the guy told us that the winning bidder on the engine doesent want it as he has no way of pulling it out so i said i would give him $250 for it and he said i can have the whole car for that price so yay yes i jumped at it but the car had basically been stripped but it was all their machanically so i got the motor which only had 120000 k's and gearbox as well so my next question is can i use the AU gearbox in my EF using my wiring harness as the box's electrics look the same as the ef do you have any ideas thanks for any advice you might have

Cheers Alan

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2