flash tuner compatibility & Gains 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: flash tuner compatibility & Gains
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

New Zealand

hey guys
a fella on trademe over here in nz is selling a capa flash tuner, but he seems to think it can only be used on an xr6t with manual trans. I thought these could be used on any ba/bf (up to 5 different engines).

my theory is he just has a map stored on it already that suits a xr6t manual.

any thoughts?

EDIT: any idea what gains i would get from a stock BA i6?

plan is to buy and use to get extra horse for now, then use again when i have my xr6t/typhoon engine installed

Last edited by 95efwagon on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

im pretty sure it can be used on many ba/bf engines.. not just the xr turbo.. its just the xr and FPV turbo's seem to get the most benifit from this flash tuner boxes..

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

yeah thats what i figured. but i was thinking if i can remap my ba wagon - standard i6 i can get some extra horse that might last me until i have everything ready for my typhoon conversion which may end up just being an xr6t conversion :(

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

95efwagon wrote:
yeah thats what i figured. but i was thinking if i can remap my ba wagon - standard i6 i can get some extra horse that might last me until i have everything ready for my typhoon conversion which may end up just being an xr6t conversion :(

flash tuners work on AU's also. I have one. Brendan Mock assures me I would pick up 10kw at the wheel on my stock AU with a $500 dyno tune at his hands. dont know what the gain on BA's would be like, prolly good with the dual cams. AUs A/Fs are s**t, made for quiet and economy. easy power gain. but better to do once mods like cam exhaust are in. if you can afford to get 2 custom tunes done (one now, no mods- then another done when mods in) then I say go for it mate. the capa tunes are s**t, its basically 3 tunes that come with a newy, valet (limits rpm to 3000 rpm) 95 ron and 98 ron. if its a second hand tuner and its been used on another car you will need to get it VIN unlocked as it locks to the car its used on. this costs around 80-90 aussie dollars. make sure your mate puts the factory setting back on his car before you take it or it cannot be unlocked. once it is unlocked this will also wipe the capa factory programs.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 am 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

really? i didnt realise they had to reset the cars back to factory. I was under the impression they could be used for 5 different cars at once. i doubt he would reset his own car, probably got a tune and wants to reclaim some money back. maybe i'll wait and buy a new one.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]