Fordmods Logo

Ford au mods ? 

 

Page 7 of 7 [ 104 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 73

Joined: 13th Aug 2012

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Ford Falcon AU 99

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Yeah probably the cheapest option. Ill have to go to a wreckers on tuesday because i have work for the next few days.
Ill ring up my local ford dealer and see if they can get me in any parts
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 73

Joined: 13th Aug 2012

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Ford Falcon AU 99

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Ended up getting a set of AU shims from Precision Shims down in Victoria
(http://www.precisionshims.com.au/a/Prec ... -Australia)

So now everything is on its way here :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 993

Joined: 26th Sep 2007

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Nice post up some vids when ya done! Au's n au motors ftw.

 

_________________

ED Fairmont Barra 190rwkw 4.10 Gears 3500 Stall 1/4 to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

finchy wrote:
Ended up getting a set of AU shims from Precision Shims down in Victoria
(http://www.precisionshims.com.au/a/Prec ... -Australia)

So now everything is on its way here :)


what did the shims cost ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:01 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 73

Joined: 13th Aug 2012

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Ford Falcon AU 99

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Apparently they were like $10
But ill have to wait and see until i get billed.

Yeah i will! Ill have to get my s**t together and get that exhaust comparison vid up.
Crap thing is that it shows my number plate. Not that big of an issue though, my cars legal.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 73

Joined: 13th Aug 2012

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Ford Falcon AU 99

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Ok so the shims ended up costing me about $100 for a set.

But anyway i made a comparison video of stock extractors and cat vs my stainless steel ones and the Venom 100cpsi high flow cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN3SD4kkBis
It sounds alot deeper and louder now. Sounds awesome when you put the foot down :)
Plus a power gain :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 22

Joined: 15th Aug 2012

Ride: Ford falcon classic 99

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

finchy wrote:
Ok so the shims ended up costing me about $100 for a set.

But anyway i made a comparison video of stock extractors and cat vs my stainless steel ones and the Venom 100cpsi high flow cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN3SD4kkBis
It sounds alot deeper and louder now. Sounds awesome when you put the foot down :)
Plus a power gain :D

Thats awesome bro ! im possibly buying hurricane extractors but im abit edgey wether they will actually fit my car so i would need the number to see wouldn't i ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:09 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 73

Joined: 13th Aug 2012

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Ford Falcon AU 99

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Yeah im not sure about the hurricanes, search the internet or possibly give them a call to find out.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 22

Joined: 15th Aug 2012

Ride: Ford falcon classic 99

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

finchy wrote:
Yeah im not sure about the hurricanes, search the internet or possibly give them a call to find out.

Ok ill probally just stick the the brands i know and wait for a bargain to pop up , did you put the extractors in yourself ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:08 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 73

Joined: 13th Aug 2012

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Ford Falcon AU 99

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Nah i went to an exhaust shop. They had to cut and weld my new cat in, so yeah, i didnt want to do that. haha. Im lazy.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 337

Joined: 30th Apr 2011

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Dylan Au wrote:
Thats awesome bro ! im possibly buying hurricane extractors but im abit edgey wether they will actually fit my car so i would need the number to see wouldn't i ?


I've got hurricane extractors mate. They should fit EA-AU. Got a nice note too!

 

_________________

The EL ghia
^^^^^^^^^^

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 22

Joined: 15th Aug 2012

Ride: Ford falcon classic 99

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

TheELghia wrote:
Dylan Au wrote:
Thats awesome bro ! im possibly buying hurricane extractors but im abit edgey wether they will actually fit my car so i would need the number to see wouldn't i ?


I've got hurricane extractors mate. They should fit EA-AU. Got a nice note too!

Really man ? Sweet cheers ! i met up with my old man the other day and hes a nerd when it comes to cars because he had a tripple s pulsar worked off its head and he used to race and so on.. but he said that i shouldn't worry about extractors because theres the possibility that they will loose power and so on but do you reckon its worth a shot ?

and @ the other guy sorry i forgot your name haha , how much did they charge you to install your extractors man ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 836

Joined: 1st Apr 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

Extractors/headers work! They took a full second off the 0-100 kmh time of my AU2. I deleted the cat at the same time, which would create some of the improvement, but probably less than half. I did the same to my EF, and it motors and sounds superb. On the Falcon six, I doubt even the worst headers would cause you to lose power.

 

_________________

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA, QFM, KYB/Koni, AU block, ported EF head, SS Inductions, Territory intake, MLS gasket, milled, Franklin RH24B cam, Coby headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford au mods ?
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 22

Joined: 15th Aug 2012

Ride: Ford falcon classic 99

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

efxr6wagon wrote:
Extractors/headers work! They took a full second off the 0-100 kmh time of my AU2. I deleted the cat at the same time, which would create some of the improvement, but probably less than half. I did the same to my EF, and it motors and sounds superb. On the Falcon six, I doubt even the worst headers would cause you to lose power.

Ok thanks heaps ! ill probally get extractors now !
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 7 of 7  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:12 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names