Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: ford AU2 head on 4.0 litre SOHC out of my ef
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF, EL falcon, au futra

VIC, Australia

hey guys
i hear that you can stick an au 2 head on my motor and it will help with a bit of performance, i just want to know if theres any issues to bolt up to my block.
help would be much appreciated :)

EL Falcon, sitting on sl king springs & 18" silver agents, pacemaker extractors with 2.5'' sports exhurst, nf fairlane interior, 5 speed manual with a 3.45 lsd and lots more rkw:
EF Falcon stock standard
ford au furtura the daily

Post subject: Re: ford AU2 head on 4.0 litre SOHC out of my ef
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

The head will bolt onto the block OK, but you need to use the AU cam & rocker gear with it. I doubt you'll notice any performance gain.

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Batmobile

New Zealand

I've got an AU head on my EF block. I was running the ef cam + rockers for a time there as well with no problems.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

ok thanks guys one of my mates said it was the cheapest thing to do for a bit of power gain :)
im also ganna stick pacemaker Extractors into a 2.5 inch high folow cat and a 2.5'' exhaust as well and im rebuilding the motor any way so im gunna do the cams, au2 head and replace the air in take.
im hoping that all this will give me some more grunt
:D

EL Falcon, sitting on sl king springs & 18" silver agents, pacemaker extractors with 2.5'' sports exhurst, nf fairlane interior, 5 speed manual with a 3.45 lsd and lots more rkw:
EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

Here's one guy who had problems after using the E-Series rocker gear & cam on an AU head....

ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/dont-use-an-au-head-with-e-series-cam-and-rockers-t75612.html

Maybe it was just him that had problems. On the other hand, Jim Mock suggests using the EF head on an AU block.

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

hey kiwief
you would like my number plate
NZW691
New
Zealand
Winner

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:25 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Ford mystar wrote:
hey guys
i hear that you can stick an au 2 head on my motor and it will help with a bit of performance, i just want to know if theres any issues to bolt up to my block.
help would be much appreciated :)

Wate of time and waste of money, will achieve stuff all. Track down an EF/EL XR head and cam and you will be better off.

By the way it only has one cam.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

if you have a look in either the 6 cyl section or the tech doco's you should find a thread about the heads, aparently the ef head is best for flow, or best stock head to start with when porting. also the ef cam is quite the same as the xr6 tickford cam, the only difference is the timing of the cam from what i can understand

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:29 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Batmobile

New Zealand

Shortshift wrote:
Here's one guy who had problems after using the E-Series rocker gear & cam on an AU head....

ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/dont-use-an-au-head-with-e-series-cam-and-rockers-t75612.html

Maybe it was just him that had problems. On the other hand, Jim Mock suggests using the EF head on an AU block.

This bloke had the same issues when he chucked the ef head back on, so looks like he may have had rooted rocker gear or something.

I noticed a huge power + response gain when running the AU head ef cam setup. That is probably because my ef head was soft and leaking though....Unfortunately my rings didn't like the bump in compression.

I'm putting the AU gear on because I figure its better to be safe than sory, and according to Kelford cams they like regrinding the au's since they are so chunky. But if I had no other choice I would have no hesitation running the ef gear in the au head again.

Ford mystar wrote:
hey kiwief
NZW691
New
Zealand
Winner

Haha gotta love free personalized for free, but every kiwi knows we are winners without the plates 8-)

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

ok thanks guys ill have a good think about what im gunna do,
ill try doing more research
cheers :)

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:13 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

kiwief wrote:
Shortshift wrote:

This bloke had the same issues when he chucked the ef head back on, so looks like he may have had rooted rocker gear or something.

I noticed a huge power + response gain when running the AU head ef cam setup. That is probably because my ef head was soft and leaking though....Unfortunately my rings didn't like the bump in compression.

I'm putting the AU gear on because I figure its better to be safe than sory, and according to Kelford cams they like regrinding the au's since they are so chunky. But if I had no other choice I would have no hesitation running the ef gear in the au head again.

Ford mystar wrote:
hey kiwief
NZW691
New
Zealand
Winner

Haha gotta love free personalized for free, but every kiwi knows we are winners without the plates 8-)

HAHAHA THATS THE SPIRATE

EF Falcon stock standard

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]