Fordmods Logo

Ford El Fairmont Ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford El Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:23 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon EF

SA, Australia

i am going to look at a damaged el fairmont ghia with tickford engine apparently,lsd and very cheap,if as said i would be considering dropping the motor and trans into my ef and i am just wondering exactly the differences in tickford running gear as apposed to standard,all i know is the cam is better,are the valves bigger? i know i would have to swap my cam angle sensor with the distributor,and keep my inlet manifold,is it true the el and ef computers cannot be interchanged because of plug?what other surprises can people tell me about this,

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:36 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

XR motors i believe just had a different head and cam...the XR ECU also has a better fuel map to suit the head so better off running the ECU with it.

By the way if you plan on dropping the XR motor into your EF...you would need to change the dizzy to a coil pack...though if you do that the standard ECU may not allow the engine to perform at its best.

The only difference I have heard between the EF and EL looms is that the engine loom are split at the engine bay whereas the EL one is one whole piece.

The ECU's are not interchangeable between the EF and EL because the EF runs a coil pack and the EL runs a dizzy.

hope that helped.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:52 am 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

i pretty much figured most of that but ok so i would be better off buying an ef xr ecu to compliment the engine,im gonna have heaps of parts to get rid of IF i did get this car,lookin at it thursday night,thanks for your comments

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:53 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

ive checked this car out guys, its done a few kms 270,000 cant be driven but is apparently a1 mechanically,bonnet,front guards,and some suspension damage on rhf dont know to what extent,about negative 6 degrees,as i said,damaged written off just looking for a good donor car,interiors good exept for the colour cappuchino,im really only after mechanicals and some spare parts, is it worth paying $1000 for,id like to sell some of the salvagable s**t off of it if i did buy

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

1000 aint bad wreck it and sell the parts on here between engine for your car ya make the money back on acc conversion power window conversion , interior , diff ect if i was down there i would grab it lol

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]