Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

NickLund wrote:
can i put the chip in the motor to stop the speed stoping at 170 Kmph

Oh My f**k God.....

No wonder young drivers get a bad name (and half of them die).....why the f**k would you want to be going faster than 170 km/h on your Ls, or Ps for that matter....????? (or ANYTIME!?) :roll: :? :shock:

Use your money on a decent sound system or something for f**k sake...

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:29 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El futura

NSW, Australia

Fair enough im sorry if i sounded like a smart a** but i just want my car to sound good and i was thinkin of taking it up to eastern creek drags, just to have a bit of fun when im older. I just want the car to have a nice note about it and do a couple of runs on the 1/4 to see how she goes but thanks for your replys and im not into the whole street racing, WRX thing thats not for me but thanks non the less guys.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

NickLund wrote:
when im older.

I (or any of us) can't tell you what to do and what not to do, but thats a wise comment...when you're older...

Of course you're keen and excited to mod your first car...everyone here would have been...as long as everything is safe, legal and sensible, then sure...go for it...people will be happy to help you and give advice on what mods etc can be done...

From what I gather, a 2.5" exhaust is a good investment for your I6...its what most people on here will recommend. Also, possibly a larger snorkel too will help a little. And another common upgrade seems to be new headers.

Do a search or read THIS sticky from the top of this forum. It explains pretty much everything you'll need to know to get a good start...

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:23 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks thats a real help. Thanks heaps.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i didn't get my car till i was 18, but still havn't really modified my performance and i was a learner for 2 years (16-18yrs old) on an ef falcon (same thing as my el now, so i have some decent experience). i only modified its appearance, sound etc making it look like a nice stock car.. and stock 4ltr has plenty of power for a unexperienced p plater.

What i think anyone under 18/19 shouldn't be thinking of moding there car, they should be learning how to drive, studying at school or starting up there careers....my opinion..

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

pauly_pizza wrote:
What i think anyone under 18/19 shouldn't be thinking of moding there car, they should be learning how to drive, studying at school or starting up there careers....my opinion..

hehe thats me, a mooching uni student, just think about it i wont be doin any major mods to my EF until most of my uni fees are paid, f**k.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

pauly_pizza wrote:
i didn't get my car till i was 18, but still havn't really modified my performance and i was a learner for 2 years (16-18yrs old) on an ef falcon (same thing as my el now, so i have some decent experience). i only modified its appearance, sound etc making it look like a nice stock car.. and stock 4ltr has plenty of power for a unexperienced p plater.

darkr wrote:
Okay I'm a P plater, and honestly, you do not really more power then an i6 provides with the kind of experiance we have.

Saying this, I drive a BA with 185.3rwhp/138rwkw. This is standard, and I know it's a bit silly because of how I drive. Also I want to do the whole exaust thing as well, It will increase my power, and fuel economy.

Is it a good idea?

Probably not.

I have a friend with a faster car then me, he's had three accidents and has only had his licence about 8 months. It's not really a good idea.

My point is, just be careful.

I know we do these mod's because we enjoy it, and want to improve our cars, which is fine. Just really don't go for the ones that are going to give you 300rwkw for a few years.

Enjoy your car mate.

Im sorry but this is just s**t, wrapping a car around a tree has nothing to do with the power, its the mentality of the driver.

You can be driving a 4 cyl ford laser and still end up around a tree.

modify your car, do whatever the f**k you want to it, but modify your self control and mentality to go with it, or you will end up a statistic.

I have 2 mates that both drive lightning quick, powerful cars, on their P plates, 1 being an 11 second VT SS and the other a 10 second VL turbo. and neither of them have had any form of an accident, and still hold their licenses. How you ask???

Because they save their urge's for the race track, controlled and safe enviroments.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

this smells like that thread a while of the L plater that drove his stock BA and said 'f**k its quick!' then told us he looped it and ended up on a median strip and the axle was making noise.

your main concern is insurance. the police are the least of your problems.

an exhaust and extractors will give you more then enough power for now. save your money for hookers or something

and just on the above ^ yes, if you need 100,000 rwkw, or have the money to go spend on a car, get an old basher and do it up for hoon driving at noble park or something

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

i agree just cause you have mor epower doesnt mean your going tro have an acciedent, i cant think of a 4 cylinder car that cant reach 100kms. But unless your a extremely mature 16-17-18-19yo, if you have more power your goint to use it, and most of the time it ends up messy.

Like for example i was passenger in a P plater Torana that was modified, the driver was being a smart a** and tring to show while doing it he lost control and swung into a tree and put me in hospital for 10 weeks. I will garantee if that was in a ford laser for example that wouldnt have happened.

And dude as someone said no one can tell you wat or wat not to do, but its just some advise from older more experianced drivers. I have a ef falcon and i have done minor mods to it, I have put a 2 1/2" exhuast cat back system to give it a nice sound and also i put a xr8 snorkel from ford and a k&N filter on it. Nothing to major, just to make it sound and respond a bit better.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

menaceEF wrote:
i agree just cause you have mor epower doesnt mean your going tro have an acciedent, i cant think of a 4 cylinder car that cant reach 100kms. But unless your a extremely mature 16-17-18-19yo, if you have more power your goint to use it, and most of the time it ends up messy.

Like for example i was passenger in a P plater Torana that was modified, the driver was being a smart a** and tring to show while doing it he lost control and swung into a tree and put me in hospital for 10 weeks. I will garantee if that was in a ford laser for example that wouldnt have happened.

And dude as someone said no one can tell you wat or wat not to do, but its just some advise from older more experianced drivers. I have a ef falcon and i have done minor mods to it, I have put a 2 1/2" exhuast cat back system to give it a nice sound and also i put a xr8 snorkel from ford and a k&N filter on it. Nothing to major, just to make it sound and respond a bit better.

If you were in a ford laser, no it wouldnt have happened, but that was as a passenger. If your driving a car, it doesnt matter if its a ferrarri, a 900hp drag car or a beat up old s**t, your in control of the car, the car is not in control of you. You choose to plant your foot and feel the power, then your responsible for the consequences, not the car.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks manaceEf thats pretty much all i want to do to my car for the time being just so it sounds nice i was thinking further more for the future and when i have my full licence im not going to spend my hard ernd money on the old family car I am hoping to buy an EL XR8. but thanks for the advice its nice to have an older person helping you along the way thanks lads.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey NickLund, answer me this and i'll back you up against all these guys. why do you need more power? why do you need to remove the speed limiter? why do you want to chip the engine?

give me good answers to this and i will not think your just another hoon, or hormone fueled teenage junkie hooked on unleaded.

but to your question, i had a stage two crow cam (biggest stock ecu could handle), pacemaker 4480 stractors (comps) k&n filter, snorkle, 2 and a half inch redback from the car w/hotdog. if i put it all in i would of had 135+ish rwkw. and from what i know, stay away from the chips. they're expensive and are a bit of a pain

and give us some pics of the car

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
hey NickLund, answer me this and i'll back you up against all these guys. why do you need more power? why do you need to remove the speed limiter? why do you want to chip the engine?

give me good answers to this and i will not think your just another hoon, or hormone fueled teenage junkie hooked on unleaded.

but to your question, i had a stage two crow cam (biggest stock ecu could handle), pacemaker 4480 stractors (comps) k&n filter, snorkle, 2 and a half inch redback from the car w/hotdog. if i put it all in i would of had 135+ish rwkw. and from what i know, stay away from the chips. they're expensive and are a bit of a pain

why do you need more power??? what makes you any different to these so called "teenage hoons" if you have put a cam, headers, exhaust, filter in your falcon?

Just for over taking on the open road huh? :wink:

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I dont need more power, simple, probly should have less, but I love cars and I love fords and its just what I want to do with my car, and if i want the thrill of going fast I will run it at eastern creek drags, I dont like flashy cars I just want to do some work to my car (me do the work not a shop) and have a car that sounds nice (the engine not music) and I can have fun in ONLY WHEN I RUN IT AT A SANCTIONED DRAG MEET AT THE DRAG STRIP NOT THE ROAD and the LAST thing I want to do is DIE.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

why do you need more power??? what makes you any different to these so called "teenage hoons" if you have put a cam, headers, exhaust, filter in your falcon?

Just for over taking on the open road huh? :wink:

actually i didn't put the cam in, wasn't what i wanted. but i chose all that because i wanted a more fuel efficent setup rather than a HP one.

NickLund wrote:
I dont need more power, simple, probly should have less, but I love cars and I love fords and its just what I want to do with my car, and if i want the thrill of going fast I will run it at eastern creek drags, I dont like flashy cars I just want to do some work to my car (me do the work not a shop) and have a car that sounds nice (the engine not music) and I can have fun in ONLY WHEN I RUN IT AT A SANCTIONED DRAG MEET AT THE DRAG STRIP NOT THE ROAD and the LAST thing I want to do is DIE.

yeah, i can respect that. as long as you use it at a drag strip. at least your a kid that is admiting he'd use it on a strip.

with everything i had listed, except the extractors and cam, my car was running 16.091 over a quarter. 86 MPH, doing about 140k at the end. without a LOT of power, you not really going to get close enough to 180 for the limiter to be an issue i wouldnt' think.

in terms of buck for your buck, a cam is the way to go. and insurance has a hard time picking it down (not that we're in to insurance fraud here) but allowing more gas in, you need to let more gas out. the cam and xtractors i got were as a package from another guys car. without the xtractors the cams pritty much usless. it'd just be trying to blow the headers of the block. so then to make the most of it a good exhaust system is needed. including cat.

the cam i had was from crow. biggest the stock ecu could take and it didn't need shims. ppl have different opinions on the cams but the stage two from crow was a pritty good package i thought.

and make sure you know if its a pre febuary falcon. they have different heads on them then the ef's and earlier

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next