Fordmods Logo

Ford El futura 

Page 3 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El futura

NSW, Australia

ok thanks I thought the limiter would restrict the car on the strip but if you say it wont i believe you thanks for your help but slow and steady for me becouse i dont know what i can do to her on my P's i am going to start with the an exhaust system and a bigger snorkel becouse thats all i think i can do to it on my P's and im not a rich kid i work on a horse stud. but ill shop around for a good exhaust system and see what i can get for my money. thanks for your help. see you lads in the future at the drags or a forum cruze that i have seen on this site.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

the 4480's are going to be in the $500+ range i think. they give better lowdown and are designed to help overcome the diff ratio the stock e series had. and the rest of the system is 300ish then a hiflow cat for another 200ish, then labor if you need it.

a 3.45 LSD is a really good option, but blows a hole in the fuel economy.

and with an only mildly moded car, 180 is a fair way off. one of the quickest e series i heard off was Hyena's EF. 180rwkw and i dont think it even got to 95 over the quarter

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
one of the quickest e series i heard off was Hyena's EF. 180rwkw and i dont think it even got to 95 over the quarter

Little off topic, but 180rwkw should crack 100mph (still short of the limiter)

The speed limiter can be a restriction on the dyno, but any competent operator will run it in a lower gear.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

he just said he didn't have a bucketload to throw at the car, god how much did hyena spend? everything apart from the block was aftermarket just about.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
he just said he didn't have a bucketload to throw at the car, god how much did hyena spend? everything apart from the block was aftermarket just about.

thats why I said it was off topic (ie not relating specifically to this thread):wink:

Just saying that if you have a 180rwkw dyno sheet and a time slip that reads 95mph something is very wrong.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

hey nick its good to hear, you sound like a really mature 16yo. And you could get decent bolt on exhaust systems from ebay, get them to post it out if you live in the country. And grab a au te50 snorkel from either ford or from ebay agian, there around $35 from ford. And get hold of a cotton reusable filter such as k&n. You will be looking at about $90-$100. JR is another type of filter we sell them at work, they are also reusable and aparently part of k&n.. If you were after one either contact automotive service solutions over there. But dude sorry if you thought we were being bastards but its good to see you a smart one..

Glen

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: ed fairmont ghia, ed gli

VIC, Australia

haha hey nick welcome to ford mods mate, looks like youv had a good welcoming....

na but serious i say go for it, do what ever you want to your car as long as your sensible with it, then everybodys all sweet...

I LOVE MY DOG

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah, by all means ask questions and get that thing pulling some good numbers on the strip.

the acid test is when your behind the wheel and you give it a bit. but then again, not even god's perfect.

(yes, thats right. Im comparing myself to god)

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i agree ive had my p's for approx 4 months and owned my EF manual for about 1 month.. and its alot of power to handle...

but it is fun :P

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El futura

NSW, Australia

Thanks heaps lads i really apreciate the help ure giving me with choosing the aproprite parts for my car.

Thanks heaps

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah, tis cool.

but were still waiting for pics of this beast in waiting

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:39 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

i'm sure people start these types of threads just to get the response that some of you guys give. Go get a tissue

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so he posted just to get a rise out of us? um, sure

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

SA, Australia

Good to see you no longer want to get rid of the speed limiter. I decided to test it out one day and i tell you that wasbloody fast and i didnt want to go faster then that for a long time.

I put the cat back on my car. I got a RPD Stage 1 cam coming in the post to go in the beast. It will improve the fuel economy and power in a way but thats all i want to do.

Ill get a bigger snorkle later and a set of extractors and a set of wheels. Its getting lowered next week.

I had an accident almost a month ago and it was scary. Truthfully it wasnt because i was being stupid or speeding or even showing off. No. I went to get stuff to put my power windows in and a xmas present for the GF but i crashed on the way home cause a lady infront of me hit the brakes hard just as i checked my blind spot and bang.

Its expensive and i dont recommend it. There is a time and a place for going fast and im glad you know when that is.

But just take the car for a drive. It was 4 months of driving my EF before i put an exhaust on maily cause mine was full of holes.

But really you dont need an aftermarket ecu or take the limiters out.

BTW read the stickies.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

stomper wrote:

I had an accident almost a month ago and it was scary. Truthfully it wasnt because i was being stupid or speeding or even showing off. No. I went to get stuff to put my power windows in and a xmas present for the GF but i crashed on the way home cause a lady infront of me hit the brakes hard just as i checked my blind spot and bang.

Normally what happens when you try to be a smart a** on the roads

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next