Fordmods Logo

ford kw 

Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

I know hes an idiot thats the funniest thing about it. He actully belives that this s**t is for real LOL. The only way to prove it really is to get him to bring the dyno papers. Ne one can say thier car got 140rwkw on the dyno, but that doesnt mean s**t unless you have proof. :roll:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU1 XR6 VCT

VIC, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
I know hes an idiot thats the funniest thing about it. He actully belives that this s**t is for real LOL. The only way to prove it really is to get him to bring the dyno papers. Ne one can say thier car got 140rwkw on the dyno, but that doesnt mean s**t unless you have proof. :roll:

Meh, dyno numbers are nice but mean bugger all anyhow. Its 1/4 times and MPH that really sort the men from the boys.
I had 144rwkw, it was questioned by quite a few. That is until I ran a 15.0 @ 93mph, then it was accepted.

Now I have 150rwkw and I want my 14 second ticket DAMMIT!!

Tell him to show you a time slip, if he hasnt got one, tell him all his crap means nothing.

AU XR6 VCT 14.57 @ 92.92mph.
Auto - NA - Unopened
Proudly tuned and prepared by G&D Performance Tuning - Get the Edge!

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:05 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

You would have to spend a bit on an EB to get 140rwkw. Certainky not a stocker with a pod filter!!!

270kmh is just BS.. Think about it at those speeds the wind resistance is huge and going up by the cube. 164fwkw might get you to 220kmh with the right gearing but you need 300fwkw to get to 270kmh this side of a cliff.

Just push it out of the space shuttle. That will do it

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah thanks i will tell him LOL, hes not a bad bloke sometimes but being young as he is, only 17 he is just so damn pigheaded and ignorant its unbeliveable sometimes.

(not saying all are, just him lol)

But yeah i will be working with him tommorrow morning so im gonna ask him to prove it! Or hes nothing but a dreamer. :roll:

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

... XRFan you should tell him to get a Holden.

Not lost any demerit points

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

LOL it would suit his personality so much more as well :P Never known a ford driver to be so stupidly pigheaded. :roll:

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:17 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I have an EB XR6, and it does 12 seconds, with 197.123 RWKW, my mods are a pod filter, red stickers down the side, and a hole in the muffler.

Im not a dreamer, its true, just my dog ate my dyno papers, and my time slips, just went missing the other day. I think my cat shat on them.. pitty that was my 11.6 run aswell....

What a wanker

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Oh man i thought that was him writing for a second there.... :D I got the stupid punk to admit he was wrong too!! LOL.

I was hassling him all day, asking him to get his dyno papers, hell i even said i would drive him down in my car to get them LOL.

And then.. he just gave in and said it never got dyno'd in the first place!!! EEERRRR as if i belived him ne way i just wanted him to admit he was FOS. :roll:

Ahh it was a fun day for me lol :P

Sorry for all the s**t that was writen but this is something that needs to be told to others just for the pure fact thats it was all lies. :roll:

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EBXR6

QLD, Australia

well my ebxr6 has never been on a dyno but its faster than the au fairmont and it has better top end speed than me old mans BA. the BA is s**t loads quicker off the mark. ive seen my speedo in the xr go over the 200 and come back around to near the 0 so i wave my bottom at you all :lol:

lesbian nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced in to weight loss programs..... the turtle is natures suction cap.....

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
the AU got a better bottom end, and a different head and so forth, I dount the power output wouldve been kept... but you could be right... and mitch_anderson is right about the ghias and XR's that I remember for sure, and the fact that they had the 3.45 LSD. :P

au bottom end is same as ef/el head was different with smaller valve stems and tapered valve springs to allow it to rev a bit more and allow flow better in bowls due to smaller stems

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

sickd wrote:
justfordima wrote:
the AU got a better bottom end, and a different head and so forth, I dount the power output wouldve been kept... but you could be right... and mitch_anderson is right about the ghias and XR's that I remember for sure, and the fact that they had the 3.45 LSD. :P

au bottom end is same as ef/el head was different with smaller valve stems and tapered valve springs to allow it to rev a bit more and allow flow better in bowls due to smaller stems

hmmm, you could be right, but Im pretty sure someone was saying something about getting an AU bottom end, cos it was stronger? maybe they meant that it was stronger since its done less K's...oh well

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

archibald the simple wrote:
well my ebxr6 has never been on a dyno but its faster than the au fairmont and it has better top end speed than me old mans BA. the BA is s**t loads quicker off the mark. ive seen my speedo in the xr go over the 200 and come back around to near the 0 so i wave my bottom at you all :lol:

I wonder why!... Theres a fair weight advantage in your favour, AU's are fairly heavy cars and being a fairmont usually adds a bit more weight than most stock models. Comparing that to an EB 6 isnt really a good comparison. :roll:

But yeah not having a go at you but that would be one reason why its quicker. :wink:

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

cogdoc wrote:
The new 190 kw commy is really quick.......

bullshet it is. not when its got 1721kgs to lug around and only 340 nm to do it with. what planet are you from man? oooh its got 195kw, big woop its all revs. An FG falcon on premium will top 200+ and have around 400 odd nm of torque, so its ahead before the shetpile 3.6ltr motor even works its way to its revvy peak.

also the ford 6 uses less fuel by a full liter/100ks ADR standard.

also to adress the posts about AU's being heavier than an E series, the AU reduced weight over the EL by around 34kgs. Common misconception that they are heavier.

They had the same quoted power outputs as the engines in ef-el, but they were detuned a lot for economy. a custom flash tune on a stock AU can see 10kw at the wheels according to brendan mock.

EDs got 145kw for some strange reason while the EB's had 148. dont ask why, no one that I know of knows.

all non vct xr6's got 164kw, except the eb2 and ED, which got 161kw.

No stock eb Xr6 would crack 270, not even an unlimited manual, it just wouldnt have the power to turn the ratio at that speed. maybe 250 given a few k's of straight road, but by then the aero would be up the duff and she would be floating all over the shop.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I think your heads up your bottom :roll: as their is no way for the speedo physically to go around that far!
A) the needle hits the bottom of the dash.
B) the speedo its self has a limit on how far around it can go (ive had mine apart so i know)
Your as bad as the guy with the 140rwkw stork xr :lol:
and ive had my eb flat out and its about 230km/h with the needle at the bottom of the dash. and theirs some real scary floating going on.
when you say better top end speed than your dads Ba whats that like 120KM/H? i find it hard to believe that your "old man" would race you to top speed (if he did he's a knob) and i also find it hard to beleive you beat a BA at top speed which is more airodynamic, has more power, revs better, will use its torque more effectivly, the only draw back it does have is it extra weight. But with all the s**t you carry around i think it would be pretty even.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Post subject: Re: ford kw
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

just wondering about the kw of the folowing falcons

1) ea