Fordmods Logo

Fuel Injectors 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 636

Joined: 5th Jan 2008

Location: Egg
SA, Australia

hi.

some questions on fuel injectors, just wondering.

1. will ba 6 cyl fuel injectors work in a ed 6 cyl and do they plug straight in and if not what has to be done to plug them in.

2. will au 6 cyl fuel injectors work in a ed 6 cyl and do they plug straight in and if not what has to be done to plug them in.

3. what has to be done to swap a set of fuel injectors and how long does it take to undo the ed 6 cyl fuel rail and swap the fuel injectors and bolt the fuel rail back on.

4. will putting a full set of 2nd hand au or ba 6 cyl injectors in a ed 6 cyl with a ed xr6 auto ecu and adjustable fuel regulator (300KPA) make the car run ritch and what will fuel consumption be like after doing that, will it be better than with old ed fuel injectors
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:30 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

the ba injectors can fit but they will run way to rich and pretty much flood your engine..

the au ones will fit straight in and work good.. no modifications required..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 326

Joined: 12th Jun 2010

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Central Highlands
QLD, Australia

fairmont1 wrote:
hi.

some questions on fuel injectors, just wondering.

1. will ba 6 cyl fuel injectors work in a ed 6 cyl and do they plug straight in and if not what has to be done to plug them in.

2. will au 6 cyl fuel injectors work in a ed 6 cyl and do they plug straight in and if not what has to be done to plug them in.

3. what has to be done to swap a set of fuel injectors and how long does it take to undo the ed 6 cyl fuel rail and swap the fuel injectors and bolt the fuel rail back on.

4. will putting a full set of 2nd hand au or ba 6 cyl injectors in a ed 6 cyl with a ed xr6 auto ecu and adjustable fuel regulator (300KPA) make the car run ritch and what will fuel consumption be like after doing that, will it be better than with old ed fuel injectors


1) No

2) Yes straight fit, better spray pattern

3) undo 4*10mm bolts on fuel rail rail, takes about 30min too swap them over. Actually just fitted a set of reco bosch injectors that had done about 20000km( out of my EF parts car) Has new o-rings, baskets and dimple caps. Alot easy to do on a log manifold compared with a BBM

4) New reco fuel injectors will improve fuel economy, throttle response and starting

 

_________________

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Last edited by EL___Fairmont on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:31 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 89

Joined: 30th Jan 2009

Ride: EF Injected Gas T5 Convert

Location: Trafalgar
VIC, Australia

i would like to know much the same things i have done alot of work to my new motor and feel that the injectors and fuel system in general will let it down so i would like to improve it as much as i can for a good price before i put it in, hope someone has your answers

but i have a ef will i see the same sort of improvement with the au parts

STADIC
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 636

Joined: 5th Jan 2008

Location: Egg
SA, Australia

will secondhand au injectors be better than secondhand ed injectors or is it better go get new/reco au injectors

and do au injectors plug straight into the ed fuel injector wiring or do you have to change the plugs over

is there any clips that have to be undone when swapping injectors or do they just pop in and out without anything and the fuel rail being the only thing holding them when bolted to the manifold

how much more power and how much better on fuel will a ed 6 cyl with a ed xr6 auto ecu with a adjustable fuel reg set to 300kpa if a new set of au injectors are fitted compared to secondhand au injectors fitted
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but, yesterday I was givin a mate a hand with putting a gasket set through a 5.0 V8. I was looking at the injectors....looks like they would fit in an E series.
Would they be any good for this???

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

Obviously new or reco injectors would be preferable, at least you will fit them knowing they will work fine. With second hand injectors, it's a bit of a "each way" thing, they could work fine, or they could be blocked or something and need reco'ing. I've got second hand AU injectors in my EF, had no idea of their condition as i pulled them out of a car at Pick a Part, but at $30 for the set, i wasn't too worried about the outcome - turned out they worked fine for me though anyways :).

The AU i6 injectors are a straight swap, same injector wiring etc.

You will need to release the clips holding the injectors plugs to the injector and also take off the clips that secure the injectors to the rail. Simple.

Difference in performance will be minimal, unless your current injectors are buggered. Fuel economy remained the same for me, well not enough difference for me to notice. After fitting the AU injectors it seemed to start up a bit easier, seemed smoother throughout the revs, particularly in the midrange.

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:17 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 326

Joined: 12th Jun 2010

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Central Highlands
QLD, Australia

fairmont1 wrote:
will secondhand au injectors be better than secondhand ed injectors or is it better go get new/reco au injectors

and do au injectors plug straight into the ed fuel injector wiring or do you have to change the plugs over

is there any clips that have to be undone when swapping injectors or do they just pop in and out without anything and the fuel rail being the only thing holding them when bolted to the manifold

how much more power and how much better on fuel will a ed 6 cyl with a ed xr6 auto ecu with a adjustable fuel reg set to 300kpa if a new set of au injectors are fitted compared to secondhand au injectors fitted


Just buy the secondhand AU injectors and get them serviced/flow tested. Will be as good as new ones then. Each injector has a square circlip attached too it on the rail side. Just remove them with long nose pliers. All the injector plugs will be the same type.

New/Reco injectors don't generally give you heaps more power, but it also depends on the condition of the ones your already using...

 

_________________

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 636

Joined: 5th Jan 2008

Location: Egg
SA, Australia

what has to be done to take out the fuel gauge sender in a ed 6 cyl sedan and how long does it normally take to take it out and put it back in and what tools are needed
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

fairmont1 wrote:
what has to be done to take out the fuel gauge sender in a ed 6 cyl sedan and how long does it normally take to take it out and put it back in and what tools are needed


I made a tool for removing the pump & sender unit assembly. You will need a phillips head screw driver too (screws for cover plate), as well as a flat head to undo the fuel hose clamps.

 

 

Attachments:
IMGP1109_resize.JPG
IMGP1109_resize.JPG [ 79.93 KiB | Viewed 32 times ]
IMGP1108_resize.JPG
IMGP1108_resize.JPG [ 81.33 KiB | Viewed 33 times ]

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 636

Joined: 5th Jan 2008

Location: Egg
SA, Australia

can you measure each bit on that tool and post up dimensions and what factory tool can you buy from the shop
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

cjh, that is a very handy tool you have made up to remove the retaining ring!! That would make the job a million times easier. We had to resort to a large flat head screw driver and a hammer when we replaced the pump and sender unit in the old man's XR6 :lol:

Also with regards to your earlier post about the 5.0 V8 injectors, which model was it? I think the std 5.0 injectors are 19lb so not much difference from std in the e-series i6's, AU XR8's got the 24lb injectors though from memory.

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:17 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

if you have the ford workshop manual there is a diagram with dimensions of the tool to remove the fuel pump retainer ring..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
if you have the ford workshop manual there is a diagram with dimensions of the tool to remove the fuel pump retainer ring..



It can also be found in the Gregories too. I made one up, not as elaborate as the tool pictured here, but i think i will modify mine down, by welding a cheap socket onto it, which would make it heaps easier to use than tapping the tool with a hammer like i do now.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Injectors
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
cjh, that is a very handy tool you have made up to remove the retaining ring!! That would make the job a million times easier. We had to resort to a large flat head screw driver and a hammer when we replaced the pump and sender unit in the old man's XR6 :lol:

Also with regards to your earlier post about the 5.0 V8 injectors, which model was it? I think the std 5.0 injectors are 19lb so not much difference from std in the e-series i6's, AU XR8's got the 24lb injectors though from memory.


That was a Holden VR Statesman, 5.0 V8. I noticed they were the NON pintle type....swash-plate type with 4 little holes, like an AU injector.....and has the same connecter as the Ford.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names