Fordmods Logo

fuel pumps. chips, regulators... can anybody help me? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: fuel pumps. chips, regulators... can anybody help me?
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:04 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Fairmont 95

NSW, Australia

My mechanic friend is offering a 600HP fuel pump, regulator and a powerchip. I kno that im gettin this stuff cheap but what i dont kno is how much difference will it make to the performance of the car.... from wat hes tellin me, when i floor it, shell spin off the mark ... i driver a 4.0L EF Fairmont.

Can anybody give me a decent indication as to wat the hell im gunna get out of it? ...lol

thanks.... :roll:

= 4DZILR PERFORMANCE =

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Shell with 4 wheels

NSW, Australia

what type of regulator? you talking a adjustable one? or xr one?

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Should bag up already :wink:

To be honest.... i dont see the need for a fuel pump and/or regulator if you're getting the powerchip.

The powerchip will basically tune the engine for 95 or 98 octane fuel - find out which one it is. These chips basically bring up the timing advance and hopefully lean the mixture a bit... gives you better air/fuel ratios which equals more power (standard falcon engines run a bit too rich, which hurts the power output). So with the extra advance and leaner mixtures, it's VITAL that you run higher octane fuel.

Personally, i'd ask your mate about a better chip solution - chiptorque or unichip. These kind are tuned on your car, on a dyno... powerchip is tuned by someone running a simulator on a computer. Having said this, i've seen good results with a powerchip on an AU.

Forget about the fuel pump - 600HP pump is for turbo/supercharger. I'm running a blower on the standard pump so pretty sure u wont need it.

I'd also question the value of the regulator if the engine is being tuned by the chip.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Post subject: the reply..
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Fairmont 95

NSW, Australia

its a racing fuel pump... from what he is telling me, yes they do program the chip on the computer but with the pump and the regulator , she will pump more fuel and produce higher pressure within the fuel champer putting more fuel through the injectors .....

i have no idea wat to do... he said hes done one before and it would munch most v8's .... hes a family mate so i dont wanna question him.. if u kno wat i mean... i thought about the other chips but see ... im gettin this pretty cheap ... mates rates ....thats why im questioning as to whether all this will make much difference.... any idea as to how many kw id be pulling????

= 4DZILR PERFORMANCE =

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]