Fordmods Logo

Fuses in EB2 - Air con? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuses in EB2 - Air con?
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Hey Everyone, havent been on here in a while and I think my old account got deleted? dunno.

Anyway have done a few things to my beast since I was on here last

2.5 Lukey cat back and 225 front/265 rears are the main things I suppose. Camber kit too. apart from that general maintainence (new brakes all round, new shox all round, steering rebuild, tranny rebuild, etc etc.)

So anyway for the past 2 years I've been driving with no air con, I always thought it had no gas and a cracked seal but I realised today that if I hit the aircon button there is not even the associated clunking noise that I would expect (like that which I get in my other eb.)

I'm wondering if anyone has a map of exactly what is connected to what fuses and if not, at least which fuses are associated with the air con.

help me, is f**k hot in perth at the moment, and my job involves a lot of driving!

cheers in advance.

mark.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

QLD, Australia

firstly, you lost your account because the site went down recently...

I assume the clunking noise of which you speak is the compressor clutch engaging. This will not happen if their is a low amount of gas in the system.

A mechanic told me that you can bypass the TX?? switch which senses low pressure to test if the unit is working. I dunno if this is true or not, someone else might know more.

When i got me EB nearly 2 years ago the air con didn't work. I just lived without it. wish i didn't now because the same mechanic fixed the leak and regassed the system for under 200 bucks. i expected more than 500 for a new compressor etc.

Regards,
Punnisher_42

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Post subject: Re: Fuses in EB2 - Air con?
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

rob banks wrote:
Hey Everyone, havent been on here in a while and I think my old account got deleted? dunno.

Anyway have done a few things to my beast since I was on here last

2.5 Lukey cat back and 225 front/265 rears are the main things I suppose. Camber kit too. apart from that general maintainence (new brakes all round, new shox all round, steering rebuild, tranny rebuild, etc etc.)

So anyway for the past 2 years I've been driving with no air con, I always thought it had no gas and a cracked seal but I realised today that if I hit the aircon button there is not even the associated clunking noise that I would expect (like that which I get in my other eb.)

Yup, thats right, the a/c needs the gas in the system to turn on .. do you have any ideas where its leaking from? ..

and don't pay $500 for a new compressor I've some I want to get ride of for $65 .

You could try putting another on in, and getting it regased, and see how you go ..

just make sure your reciver dryer is the R134A gas system, not the R12 . Because many places don't do R12 anymore .....

I'm wondering if anyone has a map of exactly what is connected to what fuses and if not, at least which fuses are associated with the air con.

help me, is f**k hot in perth at the moment, and my job involves a lot of driving!

cheers in advance.

mark.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:01 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

hey dude welcome back

as for teh fuses all u need to do is go and open the fuse holder and see if any are blown! easy!

if not take the car to air con dude for them to have a look

:)

RIP SCOTT

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]