Fordmods Logo

gates 'blue' serpentine belts 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 686

Joined: 26th Jul 2009

Ride: EF daily, xc project

Location: Park Central
NSW, Australia

anyone able to tell me what size is ef?

 

_________________

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

bradley4567 wrote:
anyone able to tell me what size is ef?


you use the one to suit VN commodore up,its 5mm longer then the ef/el one..

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 686

Joined: 26th Jul 2009

Ride: EF daily, xc project

Location: Park Central
NSW, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
bradley4567 wrote:
anyone able to tell me what size is ef?


you use the one to suit VN commodore up,its 5mm longer then the ef/el one..

phill


the size, like the numbers that tells the belts apart

 

_________________

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1687

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

yeah the ones in SCA have AU ones for sale, they read:

AU 4.0L V6

haha
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 534

Joined: 14th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Location: newcastle
NSW, Australia

the v series belts are 5mm longer than the e series ....
if you are planning to do any sort of fun driving i would get the right belt.
i turned a vn one supercheap told me would fit into hairy blue goo on my el drifting,
also the black ones can handle oil getting on them +
you could get somone to put a 5mm blob weld on the tensioner to compensate if you are that keen.
i have changed back from silicone to rubber in all my hoses and belt .
imo silcone tends to leak and stretch even with the proper clamps
imo bosch best for belts ,gates rubber best for hoses
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

eed-250 wrote:
yeah the ones in SCA have AU ones for sale, they read:

AU 4.0L V6

haha

Idiots :lol:

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 659

Joined: 14th Apr 2006

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

Location: Ferntree Gully
VIC, Australia

bradley4567 wrote:

the size, like the numbers that tells the belts apart


The part number is 6PK2375R

 

_________________

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Last edited by DRHEMI on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:40 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 82

Joined: 24th Jun 2009

Ride: EF XR6

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Sorry to drag up an old thread..
Anyone know if Gates do a blue "racing" belt for EF/EL i6 (w/AC)?
The standard PN for this is 6PK2375.

Edit: They've got it listed in the application guide but I'm having trouble sourcing one..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 659

Joined: 14th Apr 2006

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

Location: Ferntree Gully
VIC, Australia

benryanau wrote:
Sorry to drag up an old thread..
Anyone know if Gates do a blue "racing" belt for EF/EL i6 (w/AC)?
The standard PN for this is 6PK2375.

Edit: They've got it listed in the application guide but I'm having trouble sourcing one..
Yeah thats the one i use - 6PK2375R - its blue and I have air con

Here is a repco catalogue link, the gates micro belts are listed on the 5th page so you will have to flick to the 5th page http://www.repco.com.au/CA2571B700163845/Lookup/PC_S15_156-157/$file/PC_S9_104-114.pdf

 

_________________

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: gates 'blue' serpentine belts
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 82

Joined: 24th Jun 2009

Ride: EF XR6

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

DRHEMI wrote:
benryanau wrote:
Sorry to drag up an old thread..
Anyone know if Gates do a blue "racing" belt for EF/EL i6 (w/AC)?
The standard PN for this is 6PK2375.

Edit: They've got it listed in the application guide but I'm having trouble sourcing one..
Yeah thats the one i use - 6PK2375R - its blue and I have air con

Here is a repco catalogue link, the gates micro belts are listed on the 5th page so you will have to flick to the 5th page http://www.repco.com.au/CA2571B700163845/Lookup/PC_S15_156-157/$file/PC_S9_104-114.pdf


Ta mate, will chase up at Repco.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:27 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names