Fordmods Logo

getting a 2.5" system on without hoist 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: getting a 2.5" system on without hoist
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF GLi 5spd

VIC, Australia

hey ive got an ef that desperatly needs a new exhaust... for defect reasons and its stuffed... the car is lowered, Kings SL and a gas tank, sits pretty low...

has anyone fitting an 'off the shelf' 2.5" system without getting the car on the hoist? appreciate any ideas guys, need to get this done fast...

'95 EF GLi 5spd, AUII XR shocks, Kings Superlows, Cold air, LPG

soon full HiTech/Redback 2.5" system

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

Just get it high on stands, no different to a hoist, with susp in full droop.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Yep, piece of piss!
Worst part is getting the tail pipe out, an oxy is your best friend but a decent hammer and chisel will do the job.... Have done at least 4 E series on the floor with stands, a good run you can do it in under 30 mins if the tail pipe comes out easily.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

sorry to hijack the thread but, a) do off the shelf exhausts usually come in one or two pieces? b) do you need new exhaust mounts/where from? c) I have my headers, cat and muffler that i want to use here, would my best bet be to get an exhaust place to make up an exhaust or should i get an off the shelf one and cut the muffler out and weld in my own? Ohh yeah im a competent welder

cheers

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

skidder wrote:
sorry to hijack the thread but, a) do off the shelf exhausts usually come in one or two pieces? b) do you need new exhaust mounts/where from? c) I have my headers, cat and muffler that i want to use here, would my best bet be to get an exhaust place to make up an exhaust or should i get an off the shelf one and cut the muffler out and weld in my own? Ohh yeah im a competent welder

a. 2 peices.
b. depends on the condition of your old ones - genuine ones from Fraud Spare Parts, aftermarket ones from auto stores (i.e. Repco) or an exhaust shop.
c. off shelf exhaust system is in my opinion the best. most exhaust shops don't own there own mandrell bender, so if they make you up a full exhaust it'll be press bent. It'll also probably cost more due to there labour.
Depending on the length of your aftermarker extractors and cat converter they may have to shorten the length of the front of the mid section of exhaust a bit.
Why replace the muffler in the system with the one you have? Whats so special about it?

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

park her up half on gutter half on road that works we done it a mates vr ute

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
skidder wrote:

a. 2 peices.
b. depends on the condition of your old ones - genuine ones from Fraud Spare Parts, aftermarket ones from auto stores (i.e. Repco) or an exhaust shop.
c. off shelf exhaust system is in my opinion the best. most exhaust shops don't own there own mandrell bender, so if they make you up a full exhaust it'll be press bent. It'll also probably cost more due to there labour.
Depending on the length of your aftermarker extractors and cat converter they may have to shorten the length of the front of the mid section of exhaust a bit.
Why replace the muffler in the system with the one you have? Whats so special about it?

nothing just i found a brand new 2.5in hooker muffler sitting around in the shed...and i like free s**t 8-)

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

wicksy wrote:
park her up half on gutter half on road that works we done it a mates vr ute
its a bit of a tight fit but have also used the gutter and bricks strategically placed to bind the suspension for more clearance....

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

skidder wrote:
nothing just i found a brand new 2.5in hooker muffler sitting around in the shed...and i like free s**t 8-)

Personalyl I'd just sell it then and buy an off shelf system with a decent muffler already fitted.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]