Fordmods Logo

GETTING MY CODES READ 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: GETTING MY CODES READ
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I GOT A 94 EF FALCON AND JUST RECENTLY SHE'S BEEN PLAYING UP ALOT, I SUSPECT EITHER MY "TPS" OR "MAP" SENSOR HAS GONE, SO I WENT TO FORD TO GET HER BOOKED IN TO GET HER CODES READ WITH THEIR SCAN TOOL, IT'S GOING TO COST ME $95 JUST TO GET THEM READ WHICH I THINK IS RIDICLOUS AND THE FUNNY THING IS I WORK AT THE DEALERSHIP ACROSS THE ROAD AND I HOOKED UP OUR SCAN TOOL TO MY CAR NOW OUR SCAN TOOL READ THE CODES BUT TRANSLATED THEM ALL WRONG THUS WHY I HAVE TO GO TO FORD, DOES ANYONE ELSE WITH FORD IS RIPPING ME OFF?????

It's only illegal if you get caught

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

JUST CHECK THE CODE WITH A TEST LAMP! THERE ARE PLENTY OF THREADS THAT EXPLANE HOW TO DO THIS!

PS STOP YELLING!!!! :lol:

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

i tried using a volt meter to read the codes, but they just appeared to fast, anyway she's booked in on tuesday and i gotta find out whats wrong cause she sounds and runs horrible, i guess ford can charge what ever they want cause they know my dealership scan tool can't read the codes properly, lol

It's only illegal if you get caught

Post subject: Re: GETTING MY CODES READ
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

lowlifefalcon wrote:
I GOT A 94 EF FALCON AND JUST RECENTLY SHE'S BEEN PLAYING UP ALOT, I SUSPECT EITHER MY "TPS" OR "MAP" SENSOR HAS GONE, SO I WENT TO FORD TO GET HER BOOKED IN TO GET HER CODES READ WITH THEIR SCAN TOOL, IT'S GOING TO COST ME $95 JUST TO GET THEM READ WHICH I THINK IS RIDICLOUS AND THE FUNNY THING IS I WORK AT THE DEALERSHIP ACROSS THE ROAD AND I HOOKED UP OUR SCAN TOOL TO MY CAR NOW OUR SCAN TOOL READ THE CODES BUT TRANSLATED THEM ALL WRONG THUS WHY I HAVE TO GO TO FORD, DOES ANYONE ELSE WITH FORD IS RIPPING ME OFF?????

$95 is about right for that. to do it properly it'll take about 30mins, by the time they read the plethera of codes it will have stored, then clear them, drive the car and recheck the for code again to see wich ones are genuine problems. that and do you honestly think they'll buy a scan tool and not charge to use it?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]