Fordmods Logo

getting the wheels to spin while driving with a el 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA2 'Mont

VIC, Australia

s**t tyres will do it guaranteed....

gf's tx3 manual will spin the wheels in the wet without even trying because of the s**t wrecker tyres on it,

in the dry it hasn't got enough power normally but dumping the clutch does it no problems.

any car with decent power and s**t tyres will do it no problems, go to the wreckers and grab a couple of e-series steelies with the s**t tyres you can find...

commodore style "power" at sfa cost :P

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 98 XH XR6

VIC, Australia

my tyres are bald as f**k took up all 3 lanes on plenty road and the b**ch slid out changing gears wasn't accelerating hard either thats how f**k my tyres are

ONE FOR RUM AND RUM FOR ALL

4.0ltr 1998 XH XR6 - 2 JVC 4way 6X9's - 2 JVC 4way 4" in doors - JVC head unit - AU XR8 intake snorkel

Paceys, hi flow cat and many more still to come

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

wobbo wrote:
my tyres are bald as f**k took up all 3 lanes on plenty road and the b**ch slid out changing gears wasn't accelerating hard either thats how f**k my tyres are

If they are as bad as you say they are, please dont drive on the roads till you get them fixed!
I had some f***wit in a AU xr6 last sunday morning doing that s**t next to me on the way to work, and he had no control as we were going up the hill however thort it was 'cool' having his car sliding all over the road into the lane i was in.. if id gone off that rd i proberly wouldnt be here now! :evil: :x

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

I've had mine go every way but forward when i went to TSV last... Pulled out to overtake a truck @ 120 and just tramped the gas... and kicked the back end out... with T/C on so i was kinda freaked and impressed at the same time :P

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
This arvo had it go from bout 65km/h put it in second and just planted it, lit the rears up and span till nearly 100km/h till i decided enough was enough.

If your wheels are spinning your speedo wouldn't be working properly, it would be showing that your going a lot faster than what the car is actually traveling! The spoeedo is run of the rear driveline.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

with my 14 inch stokkies on my car lights up all 1st and 2nd :) go the good old "classic" tyres. they smoke good too :)
with the 17s on it still frys all of first

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

The reason your commo driving friend can do it is because he probably has an oil leak somewhere which ends up dropping on the rear tyres and his car is so gutless that he can only get them to spin at 50 with oil on his tyres. Either it has a natural oil leak or he has remote oil squirters.

I've punched it in the cab at 80km/h on a poor wet road and the a*** end has kicked out (single spinner diff too by the way). Some roads it just grips but some it will spin right through till 3rd.

Post subject: Wheel spin
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:49 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

the s**t vn probably spins because 1. the auto shift ultra rough, unlike falcon auto's 2 crappy tires (prob cheese cutters), open centre diff, no weight in the a**, good gearing, if only ford were set up better from factory with their powerful I6.......

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:56 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

VN = light a** end, short 1st gear, aggressive throttle response.
Add to that s**t tires, like most VN's have, and the autos will light up first all day long.
Also why they gravitate towards powerpoles...

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:50 pm 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Mine seems to do it..........

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

I would like to know what your mate has done to his VN as my old 5 speed VP with chip, intake and exhaust would only spin in-gear if it was wet. Would only spin in the dry from a standing start. All on 15 inch factory mags...

But yeah, if he is achieving this on a fairly stock car, then it is most likely down to tyre size and or wear.

I find that Falcons are a LOT harder to spin (especially off the line). Not sure if this is due to tyres, suspension, weight etc etc. But I find that it's a lot harder to get a smoke show in a Falc than in a Commie, and it's certainly not due to lack of grunt either.

On another note. I've had my rears chirp in the up change to third before in the dry. Toot toot.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Quote:

I would like to know what your mate has done to his VN as my old 5 speed VP with chip, intake and exhaust would only spin in-gear if it was wet. Would only spin in the dry from a standing start. All on 15 inch factory mags...

the car has extracters and exaust, apart from that the car is stock(auto aswell). and my dads el is still quicker and stock

ive also seen other holdens such as 5.0l statsmens ans ss do it all the time

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
Quote:

the car has extracters and exaust, apart from that the car is stock(auto aswell). and my dads el is still quicker and stock

ive also seen other holdens such as 5.0l statsmens ans ss do it all the time

Weird. If the issue had of been an "off the line" one, I could have completly understood as Falcs are C*** to get smoking from a standing start, whereas the Commies just seem to bag 'em (which isn't, despite what Holden drivers may tell you, ideal). But in-gear? Dunno mate? You should be the one smoking him in gear?

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

on take off i can get so much wheel spin just by planting the accelerator (with out even toucing the brakes)
dont get me wrong the car has got great responce while diving and flooring the car but just wont get wheel spin,
and for some reason holdens feel much faster then fords (even though their not) while inside the car

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
on take off i can get so much wheel spin just by planting the accelerator (with out even toucing the brakes)
dont get me wrong the car has got great responce while diving and flooring the car but just wont get wheel spin,
and for some reason holdens feel much faster then fords (even though their not) while inside the car

Weird isn't it? It's not until you drive something like a VR SS back to back with an EF XR6 that you realise that the XR6 is, in fact, quicker.

If you drive the XR6, then 10 days later drive the SS, the SS feels like it's the faster of the two when, in fact, it's not.

It's down to the Falcons extra weight, solidity and refinement.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next