got defected lastnight 

Page 3 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: got defected lastnight
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ef futura/ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

mate i got done one year for missing door button(f**k thing shot out the window while's driving...lol) and exhaust to low and sent for a db test, he missed the big bat i had sitting beside my seat :lol:

when i had it cleared the guy laughed and siad what a joke for a missing button.. and my exhaust was only 5mm's to low but was easy fixed just bent a couple of arms and it pulled the exhaust up!

custom airbox,custom intake
paccie comps,lukey 2.5 cat back,high flow cat
CMS stg2 head,CMS stg2.A. cam,CMS hybrid auto with mod shift,3.9 lsd
custom 3500rpm hi stall
ANZ mayhem 18's,custom interior,venom body kit,xr wing,jumbo 2' low springs
143rwkw and 407rwnm on CMS dyno

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:26 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XH UTE

QLD, Australia

I've seen guys cruizin on the Gold Coast get done for no water in the washer bottle and an elbow on the door !

Vintage bmx collector. What ya got?

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yeah we NSW people have to do an annual inspection, funny thing is the vehicle can pass 100% legal by the RTA rules for a annual inspection and be defected by the police as soon as it is on a public road, this is common knowledge, many of the things are justified but many are ludicrous.

The door hinge one is a new one for me, I only done the AIS examiner/proprietor course (2006), maybe that is apart of the blue slip side of inspections, yearly inspections are very basic, no emission standards, you could have a aftermarket blower/turbo and you can not do anything about it, it is about safety, nothing else, even then there is a few things that should be a failure and you can not fail someone on it i.e. no reverse lights, windscreen washers or battery not secured etc, you should record it but you can not fail someone on it.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

VIC, Australia

LOL all i can say is f**k livin in NSW or QLD... I thort Vic was s**t.... obviously i was wrong...

NOTHING BEATS THE SOUND OF A GRUNTY V8!!!

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

Try living in SA....

If they cant find anything obvious and they dont like you, they get you for Seat belt retracts too slow....

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairmont

SA, Australia

AU99 wrote:
Try living in SA....

If they cant find anything obvious and they dont like you, they get you for Seat belt retracts too slow....

I know what your talking about, although i never had a problem with them picking on my car when they can slap you with a 436 dollar fine for doing 76 kph in 60, i was tired coming home from work and not looking at the speedo.

P.S. Not my fault somebody keeps putting lead in my shoe! :lol:

Cobalt Blue ED Fairmont
K&N Panel Filter, Genie Extractors with 2.5" Lukey Sports Exhaust

Possible V8 Upgrade to come!

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

coasty wrote:
I've seen guys cruizin on the Gold Coast get done for no water in the washer bottle and an elbow on the door !

I bet they were crumbs doing "tough" laps of the spit.

Nothing worse then going for a sneaky Sunday arvo surf at TOS and seeing the concentration of dangerous s**t rolling around the Spit. I honestly believe about 90% of the cars there could be defected. It is no wonder cops pull over anything with a louder than stock exhaust and I feel embarrassed to drive a modified car on seeing it.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

AU99 wrote:
Try living in SA....

thats the same as my first falcon, just a door hinge, i took it for pink slip to get cleared and the bloke said "so did you fix the hinge" i said no theres nothing wrong with it and he just did a brake test passed the car and said "STAY OUT OF PORT MAQUARIE" lol he was a mate of dads

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

A few years ago i was pulled over for a rbt check,and at the end -exit,3 cops doing defects and they knew there stuff,stock or not,asked me to wire my lights a different way,he used to drive a chaser,it only happened 1 time in heathcoat.They where 2 sgts or inspectors.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

bald tyres = fail
you guys think p platers cop it in port and coffs from the hipo.
try driving sydney to brisbane day in day out in a b double then you will know about harrasment.
as had been previously said harden up if you love cars you will get fines.
have ur licence ready,dont get out of your car, turn off interior lights,
be polite ,dont answer any questions other than saying your going home .
dont argue you will get more fines the spray or worse.
dont have stickers or poof lights on your car,
dont cruise on known roads on fri/sat night or take your friends home from night clubs or to houso streets to get on.
stay away from your car if the cops are near it. NEVER open your bonnet unless theres a fire.
and the most important thing dont have bald tyres .
my 2c :wink:

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Another reason to own a pre `74 car....Jeez, some of the things they are nailing you guys for are rediculous...the mods you can do to a pre - 74 are so much more extensive!!! But hey if you have a late model you may as well leave it stock by the looks of this - very frustrating!

Takes me back to when I was 16 - 18 y.o. (nope, wasn't a P plater - they hadn't invented that shyte yet..) - Used to drive an EK with a very hot grey motor, jacked up about 3 foot in the back...anyway, used to get defected weekly for one thing or another. My fave was getting pulled over by a young cop in a Valiant cop car (remember them?) and my car had a sloppy 3 speed Speco shifter - cos the handbrake didn't work, I'd usually chuck the gearstick in reverse when I got stopped for defect checks - you couldn't tell cos it was so sloppy - anyway, cop pulls the handbrake, just about gives himself a hernia trying to push the car backwards to test the handbrake, so that passed. Next he wanted to try exhaust noise so without any announcement he just leans in an starts the car - buuut its in reverse...fires straight away cos its warm, takes off backward, the jacked up bumper takes out the grille and radiator of the cop car....Then, the old cop in the passenger seat gets out, belts the young cop across the head, tears up the defect he'd already started writing (for no air cleaners...) and gives me a form to claim damages against the SA Govt!! I got $212 in compensation for the `damage' to my bumper which consisted of cop car blue paint on the sides, which I left just as it was because it amused the crap out of me....

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
Another reason to own a pre `74 car....Jeez, some of the things they are nailing you guys for are rediculous...the mods you can do to a pre - 74 are so much more extensive!!! But hey if you have a late model you may as well leave it stock by the looks of this - very frustrating!

Takes me back to when I was 16 - 18 y.o. (nope, wasn't a P plater - they hadn't invented that shyte yet..) - Used to drive an EK with a very hot grey motor, jacked up about 3 foot in the back...anyway, used to get defected weekly for one thing or another. My fave was getting pulled over by a young cop in a Valiant cop car (remember them?) and my car had a sloppy 3 speed Speco shifter - cos the handbrake didn't work, I'd usually chuck the gearstick in reverse when I got stopped for defect checks - you couldn't tell cos it was so sloppy - anyway, cop pulls the handbrake, just about gives himself a hernia trying to push the car backwards to test the handbrake, so that passed. Next he wanted to try exhaust noise so without any announcement he just leans in an starts the car - buuut its in reverse...fires straight away cos its warm, takes off backward, the jacked up bumper takes out the grille and radiator of the cop car....Then, the old cop in the passenger seat gets out, belts the young cop across the head, tears up the defect he'd already started writing (for no air cleaners...) and gives me a form to claim damages against the SA Govt!! I got $212 in compensation for the `damage' to my bumper which consisted of cop car blue paint on the sides, which I left just as it was because it amused the crap out of me....

:lol:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Mick JJ wrote:
Jesus Christ, defected for a failing doorhinge!

I got turned back on a warrant for having a rusty door stay. Yeahp - THe bit of metal that holds door from opening too far had surface rust.
But then again, the pigs in NZ love me.....
:wink:

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Mick JJ wrote:
Jesus Christ, defected for a failing doorhinge!

I got turned back on a warrant for having a rusty door stay. Yeahp - THe bit of metal that holds door from opening too far had surface rust.
But then again, the pigs in NZ love me.....
:wink:

thats the thing they said was failing on my car, but when they wrote it up they called it a hinge,they said it supposed to hold the car door open but mine wouldnt so it needed replacing

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

AU99 wrote:
Try living in SA....

Do you guys still have the rego rule of you can leave a car unregistered for up to 5yrs without a rego inspection and register it the day before 5yrs is up? Or is that just an urban myth WA people were telling me saying SA is easier than WA LOL

What state has the cheapest rego, I am looking at WA rego due to mates that live there, there is a lot of soldiers and mining contractors driving around with interstate plates around here so they don't bother much forcing the rego to be changed over to NSW as hard as they used too, WA is roughly half the price for rego on a Falcon compared to NSW.
Again our number plates should read "NSW, THE EXPENSIVE STATE", and they want to put it up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next