got defected lastnight 

Page 6 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post subject: Re: got defected lastnight
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

hrm i pay 3 months at a time, didn't relise i was paying over $60 more. might start doing 12 month.
1.5mm...they seem pretty harsh up there, mine's not to picky as long as it's safe.
i like wof's it save's me checking it over to see what needs replacing/fixing

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Macca wrote:
Wow, shouldn't find to many unsafe cars over there then, reverse of here, but that is pretty hard on.
That's the theory anyway. They can be right royal picky bastards to be honest... And even then I got a $400 ticket for having "dazzling and confusing lights" even though I had got a warrant with the lights installed and they were totally legal according to all documentation. You just can't talk things through with dumb a** Police holes. It's legal, I've got the warrant sticker on the car to prove it's all legal (well, it was legal at time of warrant sticker being stuck on... a*** pigs)...

And that is yet another reason why Fiend gets totally p****d with the police. Picky buggers at best of times and a**hole at others. The cop even knew he was wrong, but looked oh so smart becuase to plead not guilty you have to be in the town of ticket issue. Which was 700km from where I stay. As if I am going to drive to Auckland and back every time they want me there for a five minute court appearance on a $400 ticket that I shouldn't have got.

a**hole.

And yeah. There are points for and against the two systems.

The Aussie cops, from what I've seen on TV and heard from some on this forum, have more of a say about your car.... For instance checking things like turbo's and looking under the bonnet of your car. NZ police don't do any of that, they just look at the sticker and check for ride height and maybe springs being captive.

I think that is an advantage to NZ. Both from policing point of few and the general public keeping their cars up to date. By leaving the modifications up to the workshop to check over as part of this process, you do not have a bunch of hoons driving terribly set up vehicles... You also don't have ignorant Police ticketing you for things that they know nothing about.

Obviously neither of these statements is true in the real world. You are always going to get f**k wit police who think they know more than you, the official warrant checker and even the road laws that apply.

You are also going to get hoons putting chopped springs back in their car within minutes of driving off from the warrant checker.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
You are also going to get hoons putting chopped springs back in their car within minutes of driving off from the warrant checker.

It happens here, for the point of a rego inspection it is harder for a AIS (Authorised Inspection Station) to be caught by the RTA passing a car like that than other minor things that would fail a rego, as it is hard to tell when a mod was done unless they caught them shortly after inspection.
When it is rust and perished rubbers etc it is hard to say they just done it :lol:

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 6  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6