Fordmods Logo

got defected lastnight 

Page 1 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: got defected lastnight
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:36 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 95 ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

p platers cant even have a decent car without getting f**k over.i got done last night for non standard exhaust and he reckons its too low and that its less then 100 mm off the ground which its atleast 150mm off the ground or more and is there anyway i can get it all passed as is now without having to pay to buy a standard exhaust and springs?cheers

Post subject: Re: got defected lastnight
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

what do you expect you live on the mid north coast they have 11ty bilion more highway patrol than anywhere else, i had a completly standard car and i was driving around port maquarie one night and they defected me for a failing door hinge because it wouldnt stay open, i was parked on a hill mind you and hardly any cars would have decent enough hinges to keep the door open where i had parked, wasnt officer ferris by any chance? who did it?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i live in port and i got follwed by kempsey highway patrol got into my street 4 houses down and pulled me over sucked so hard dumb f**k thought i had a pod filter.dunno who the copper was tho ive been pulled up like 5 times and theve never said anything about the height and exhaust and he measured it on a massive hill shoulda been on flat ground i measured it myself the rear is like nearly 30 cm off the ground so p****d off its f**k did new laws come in just yesterday? cause thats whats been going around.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:06 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Is it a pink slip to clear it?

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

nah ive just gotta get stock springs back in but its not as low as he wrote on the paper :twisted: and either get stock exhaust or get mine tested on noise then get it signed off

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XC, XB

NSW, Australia

Jesus Christ, defected for a failing doorhinge! Though I'm currently in NSW, I come from Tasmania and have never heard of such ridiculous laws and abuse of power by police. I can see the reason behind some defects but most just sound like excuses for harrasment. Unless a cop has a degree in Engineering and a copy of relevant Design rules for the year the vehicle was built, who are they to defect anything but the most glaringly obvious faults? ie bald tyres, headlights etc. Technically, I assume then that the majority of XB/XC and pre injected falcons could be defected for having a non original carburettor (Holley etc) fitted, as it would not comply with pollution requirements relevant when the vehicle was built. Anyone had issues in this regard?

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

for starters they cannpt defect you for a non standard exhaust unless it does not meet adr compliance specs, if it is too loud and they did not have a db meter they cannot do you for it. sencond thing they cannot do you fo the ride hight of the car unless they measure from the lowest solid point of the car body kit is not considered solid by adr only metal is. ive battles the same thing in court and won

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Mick JJ wrote:
Jesus Christ, defected for a failing doorhinge! Though I'm currently in NSW, I come from Tasmania and have never heard of such ridiculous laws and abuse of power by police.

thats what people have to deal with when living on the mid north coast like kempsey port maquarie etc, i came from kempsey and i used to go out to port with mates on friday nites and saturdays but they would come through the macas car park and defect parked cars, kick us out of car parks even though we werent doing burnouts or making any noise, eventually we got sick of being defected and treated this way and started driving like f**k because we were getting tormented just as much when we didnt do anything wrong anyway, they are so stupid they got me for the door hinge and didnt even look at the windscreen which was cracked from left to right right across the whole length of it lol, i didnt have lowered springs or anything on that car aftermarket except for a cd player and 4 speakers, other than that i just had them red plastic cop magnets on lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:49 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I've got a 2.5" mandrel system thant someing of my wrecked EF XR, let me know if your interested,

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

whats it measure on a flat surface? i would measure it with a full car load.
if it's not what the cop reacons i would fight it! your rules over there are stupid

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

I've got a 2.5" mandrel system thant someing of my wrecked EF XR, let me know if your interested, thanks dude ill let you know (: i know for a fact that its not too low. and lastnight my mate drives a vt commodore got pulled up by the same coppers same night defected and crap his is that low you cant even fit a coke can under and only has half an exhaust and he got away with how low it is and his exhaust its bullcrap my exhaust is loud only if you give it abit which i didnt at all rolled the whole way ive got pretty bald tyres and they payed no attention to that what so ever then tried to get me for blue led's and s**t its ridiculous how they target us p platers just cause theres a few d***head doesnt mean we all are some of us just want a decent car to cruise in not flog the s**t out of it on ever corner i think i could get it passed if i the mechanics to check the height and use a db meter doubt it tho :/ anyone know of any way to get out of having to buy all the stock stuff and getting it put in? or just suck it up and do it? haha

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

I've been running around with my exhaust out of the muffler for about a fortnight now (Need to wait until Thursday for more money so I can delete my rear muffler. I know it's stupid going around without a tailpipe, but I thought the job would of cost less, due to not having the equipment to do the job myself.), and I haven't been hassled at all... But I know now that I've said this that I'll get pulled over.

I'm also a P plater, and now Im a bit worried about being defected because of the fair amount of mods my car has on it, but I do live in Western Sydney... and nearly every P plater has a catback system installed...

But, good luck with getting everything checked out.

Cheers,
Russ.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i think youd be right down there just up here you cant go anywhere of a frida/saturday night without cops bothering ya about ya car.but id definately get it done asap now you have said it hahah

thanks dude ( :

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

95.ef.fairmont wrote:
i think youd be right down there just up here you cant go anywhere of a frida/saturday night without cops bothering ya about ya car.but id definately get it done asap now you have said it hahah

thanks dude ( :

Yeah mate,
I just need the bloody cash...

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

yeah its sucks all my money goes on debts

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next