got my first lot of mods done!!! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

mark at "its" is going to have a crack at d 200 rwkws... im 1/4 through the wait of having a stage 4 engine done for me.. 170 rwks.. ive optioned up the stage 5 mega monster billet cam aswell.. ive already got a unichip installed into my current ef i6 5spd..fairmont.. was going to do the twin throttle body aswell but mark wasnt ready with those yet... i should get 185 rwks with lotsa change outa $10,000... howd wagg spend that much money??

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Slick wrote:
how high can we go with compression with the current s**t fuel?

Considering the best fuel we get here is Caltex Premium which is Vortex 96 - 96RON fuel unlike the mainland that have 98RON and now a 100RON, were at a further disadvantage!

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Quote:
howd wagg spend that much money??

a $4000 motec computer helped with that!

By the way mate, the money you spend getting your 6 to 200rwkw N/A, will most likely get you a low boost turbo setup pushing well over 200rwkw. may want to think about that, and will also be alot easier to drive around town, powerful N/A motors are grumpy creatures. friend has a 312rwkw LS1 N/A and is on boarderline of streetable.

I also remember Brad (waggin) saying the same thing, the money he had spent on his waggin doing N/A mods, could have been put towards forced induction and be making more power.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

so whats the best typ eof cam out? alted stage 3? or crow cams comp cam for the falcon 6?

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

If this is going to be street driven car to keep it drivable you should look at the option of forced induction, possibly super charging and build the engine around that. Personaly I'd go supercharge over turbo cause it works all the time and a turbo has to spool up before any real gains are made, just my opinion.

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
Quote:
howd wagg spend that much money??

a $4000 motec computer helped with that!

By the way mate, the money you spend getting your 6 to 200rwkw N/A, will most likely get you a low boost turbo setup pushing well over 200rwkw. may want to think about that, and will also be alot easier to drive around town, powerful N/A motors are grumpy creatures. friend has a 312rwkw LS1 N/A and is on boarderline of streetable.

I also remember Brad (waggin) saying the same thing, the money he had spent on his waggin doing N/A mods, could have been put towards forced induction and be making more power.
true, never thought of that. N/A i6 pumping 200 or more rwkw will most likely be too aggressive for day to day driving. just image a busy Sydney morning traffic in a lumpy rattling cam thats only good for 4000- 6000rpm, where it would most likely make 200rwkw. bloody thing will boil its head off.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i'm also in the middle of an attempt at over 200rwkw.

the biggest porblem this the 4L is intake port flow.

more cubes won't help produce any more power, all it will do is help to move the power band donw in the RPM.

there are guys out there spinning the aftermarket BA bottom ends to 7500+rpm and all the BA rods and pistons will fit the E blocks.
not cheap by any means.

what you have to keep in mind is big power means a big cam, that then leads to very high compression. it also leads to an engine not wanting to make much power under 3000rpm, though the long stroke of the 4L does help out with port velocity. no NA I6 is going to be a very good daily driver. As part of my build i'm buying an 84 mazda 323 to drive to work every day.
you also will not do it on a stock ecu.

all i can say is good luck to every one trying, and i dont think it's something the average person will be able to design and build, it will need alot of attention to detail and few little tricks that not every one knows about.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

revhead wrote:
If this is going to be street driven car to keep it drivable you should look at the option of forced induction, possibly super charging and build the engine around that. Personaly I'd go supercharge over turbo cause it works all the time and a turbo has to spool up before any real gains are made, just my opinion.

Go the turbo route. Bore x Stroke relationship + inline configuration makes turboing the best (in my opinion) choice...

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Who has access to a flow bench for free?

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

yeah but for me it isnt always about getting huge rwkw figure for your $$$ be nice to achieve that 200rwkw NA E-Series barrier ... yeah i know for the cash i can go turbo but how many falcons have cracked this mark...and how many guys at the moment are doing turbo projects :P there everywhere right now.

Being street driveable is a big thing for me this car is being done up for show and for my own interests but is still my everyday car the one thing i promised myself when i started pouring money into this car was it wasnt gonna be garaged only only ever make an appearance every now and again I love driving it everyday and wanna continue to...y else mod a car ? :)

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

iv got the crow stage 3 in my ea. nice cam

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
you also will not do it on a stock ecu.

For sure thats why i went the wolf 3d plus 4 without going all out with a motec ems.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

200rwkw is good power, but really the money you spend going 200+ in a N/A I6 is gonna leave you wanting more and most likely be dissapointed, as for $15,000 or whatever one will spend on the motor, 200rwkw isnt a hell of alot for that cash.

Hell, $15,000 will get you pushing 300rwkw and the rest in a good turbo setup.

alot of people dont have turbo setups, alot of people TALK about doing turbo setups on here, but never do it.

Either way mate, your car, just tryin to suggest more power for less!

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

so what would be the limit for an everyday driver?

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

My Alted/RPD stage 3 cam runs on my stock non-tickford ECU. Idles around 750rpm.

Your signature says you 'godda' beat your mates VL. I'm assuming that means 'got to' beat your mates VL. I'd be supprised if you cant. My previous car was a 5 speed VL, current car a 5 speed EL. even in stock for it was about a second quicker down the 1/8 mile than the VL.

What transmission are you running? If its an auto, a 5 speed conversion should be high on the list, or a hi-stall.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next