Fordmods Logo

Great I6 Engine Builders 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 43

Posts: 4

Joined: 20th Oct 2007

Ride: AU XR8 SR2, EL XR8, EF GLI

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

Hey all I am looking for an engine builder to build me a Supercharged 4.0 anyone got any recommendations I am aware of JMM any others ????
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

ajb wrote:
Hey all I am looking for an engine builder to build me a Supercharged 4.0 anyone got any recommendations I am aware of JMM any others ????


How much are lookin to spend?????

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 43

Posts: 4

Joined: 20th Oct 2007

Ride: AU XR8 SR2, EL XR8, EF GLI

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

cjh wrote:
ajb wrote:
Hey all I am looking for an engine builder to build me a Supercharged 4.0 anyone got any recommendations I am aware of JMM any others ????


How much are lookin to spend?????


Depends on what I can get for money maybe 10k or so
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 539

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Is 10k your budget for the whole setup ?
engine, supercharger, fuel system, ecu so on ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 69

Joined: 7th Apr 2009

Ride: FG F6 310

Location: Boronia
VIC, Australia

go with Crescent Motorsport for your engine...
and snort is doing charger's now,

CMS is well respected around hear,,
JMM you will need more than 10k for your motor

does the 10k include gearbox, brakes, ecu, tune, ect..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:05 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

ajb wrote:
cjh wrote:
ajb wrote:
Hey all I am looking for an engine builder to build me a Supercharged 4.0 anyone got any recommendations I am aware of JMM any others ????


How much are lookin to spend?????


Depends on what I can get for money maybe 10k or so


i think you might not quite be able to do the engine re build, and supercharger, ecu, fuel system and tuning under 10g...

i supercharged mine and it cost around 8g all up including supercharger kit,ecu,fuel pump injectors, exhaust system and tuning...(no engine rebuild)
and thats doing 90% of the labour my self..
some can do it for less some pay more..
but for serious engine mods to handle huge boost, i would say atleast an extra 4g for the engine minimum!!!
also depending on what you can do your self???
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:39 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 274

Joined: 21st May 2007

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ea BRock b8

Power: 217 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

CVE in melbourne are doing alot with snort so if you go that way i would definatly suggest to do that .
He has done my Na motor and it is very strong .
He also is great on price.

 

_________________

YEAH ITS A BROCK, AND YEAH HE DID DRIVE A FORD

FORD MAN TILL THE DAY I DIE

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 43

Posts: 4

Joined: 20th Oct 2007

Ride: AU XR8 SR2, EL XR8, EF GLI

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

My 10k Budget is for motor only (I have a vortec charger set up already) and excuse my ignorance but CVE who are they ?? All help so far is truly appreciated guys.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 539

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Atomic build motors to handle boost, id be getting a quote from them too as well as the others listed in the thread.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 43

Posts: 4

Joined: 20th Oct 2007

Ride: AU XR8 SR2, EL XR8, EF GLI

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

MMD wrote:
Atomic build motors to handle boost, id be getting a quote from them too as well as the others listed in the thread.

Do you have contact details for them ??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 539

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

ajb wrote:
MMD wrote:
Atomic build motors to handle boost, id be getting a quote from them too as well as the others listed in the thread.

Do you have contact details for them ??


a few seconds on "google"
http://www.atomicperformanceproducts.com/

and about 5 minutes searching their page
Their rebuild kit for the SOHC 6 Cylinder bulletproof bottom end 668kw rated - part number 306351-kit on their price list is $3960.

EB - EL series motors
698GT-A Series New Long Engines - part number 306460 - $12,650.00
698GT-A Series Long Engines - rebuilt from your engine - part number 306460-RB - $10,989.00

Last edited by MMD on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Also, It may be worth checking out Hi-Torque on the Gold Coast, they do fantastic work on I6 Falcon's

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

MMD wrote:
a few seconds on "google"
http://www.atomicperformanceproducts.com/

and about 5 minutes searching their page
Their rebuild kit for the SOHC 6 Cylinder bulletproof bottom end 668kw rated - part number 306351-kit on their price list is $3960.

EB - EL series motors
698GT-A Series New Long Engines - part number 306460 - $12,650.00
698GT-A Series Long Engines - rebuilt from your engine - part number 306460-RB - $10,989.00


I bit my lip so many times looking at their site last night. So much good stuff but so damn $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. My motor will probably owe me 40k by the time its ready to run.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 539

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Yeah not cheap, but you are paying for a 2 year warranty.... not sure what conditions apply but have only heard good things about their motor's.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Great I6 Engine Builders
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

Well if you haven't cracked or shattered anything in 2 years of constant abuse then its safe to say that its bulletproof.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wobbly and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names