Growler Kit Xr6 ba 

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Growler Kit Xr6 ba
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Falcon Ba XR6

NSW, Australia

Im looking into getting a growler kit for my xr6 non turbo.. (only on P's) i can get it for bout $426 i think.. was wondering it is worth getting? an spending the money to get the extra power an have the growl the motor does with it in it??.
feedback on the kit please would help make tha decission......

Post subject: Re: Growler Kit Xr6 ba
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

if you live in NSW and are on your p's your not allowed to have any "engine modification that increases performance". this hasn't stopped me, but its not worth while spending 400+ on over priced plastic if the cops are gonna pull you over and defect it, if you want sound a bit more performance put a pod filter on it, with 30 bucks i brought a pod, and plastic sheeting to make a box which i then painted black. sounds good under load and if the cops pull me over its only a 30 buck loss not a 400+ loss.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

winman wrote:
if you live in NSW and are on your p's your not allowed to have any "engine modification that increases performance". this hasn't stopped me, but its not worth while spending 400+ on over priced plastic if the cops are gonna pull you over and defect it, if you want sound a bit more performance put a pod filter on it, with 30 bucks i brought a pod, and plastic sheeting to make a box which i then painted black. sounds good under load and if the cops pull me over its only a 30 buck loss not a 400+ loss.

The law is that you cant have any performance modifications that require an engineers certificate.

For engine mods this means many things but the applicable bit here is that you cant increase the output by more than 10%. So an intake is fine but if you want to avoid trouble make it look stock like is said above.

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hey mate just a quick one, where abouts can u get the kit for that price from?

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hmm they must have updated the rule recently, by the way a cop can defect anything that he believes is unroad worthy, so it really comes down to who checks underneath the bonnet.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Man that is f**k s**t... well i might get it anyway haha lol... just tell em it came with the car....
i will check though... i have a friend that is a cop will ask him...
As for where i can get it.. i work in a car shop.. where i can order it through them..

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Hey don't waist your money, if its NA XR6 power gain is very minimal and the sound difference is not that great. It's really only V8's that respond well to the growler kits mostly the gen3 gen4 engines
If you don't have after market exhaust yet spend your money on that you'll be a lot more impressed with the results compared to an over priced air intake

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Ok I found out it is not illegal... It is an enclosed box so is allowed just depends on who pulls you over ... As for the exhaust I has extractors, catback and 2.5 inch exhaust from that.. Sounds alright now... As for the power they are supposed to increase power upto bout 16rwkw in turbo models an no turbo between 8-10rwkw....

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

it is the xr6 but it non turbo.....
i just want feedback on the product from people who have bought this product??
need to know wat it is like...
do u get a gain in power???
i want some feedback on this product...

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

set of pacemaker headers, just the headers your looking at about 400 on ebay, that will give a better performance gain then the growler, only problem is, and the reason why i havent brought them is that as far as i know the heat shielding doesnt fit over the new headers, which allows the curious eyes of the police department to spot them easily, and it also increases engine bay temp. as i said before if you want sound and a little more performance just stick a pod on their, just make sure its enclosed to make it legal and prevent it from sucking in nasty hot air.
fun fact: pods need to be in enclosed boxes by law, due to engine bay temp APPARENTLY causes them to catch fire, lol at least thats what i heard

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

winman wrote:
set of pacemaker headers, just the headers your looking at about 400 on ebay, that will give a better performance gain then the growler, only problem is, and the reason why i havent brought them is that as far as i know the heat shielding doesnt fit over the new headers, which allows the curious eyes of the police department to spot them easily, and it also increases engine bay temp. as i said before if you want sound and a little more performance just stick a pod on their, just make sure its enclosed to make it legal and prevent it from sucking in nasty hot air.
fun fact: pods need to be in enclosed boxes by law, due to engine bay temp APPARENTLY causes them to catch fire, lol at least thats what i heard

If you get an EL AU heat sheild you can bend it into shape for it to cover headers doesn't look as good as factory but keeps heat down

Seriously the ss intakes are not worth what they charge rrp, i have fitted ss big mouth no real world power gain. The glower is a lot better then the big mouth but, on my brothers sv8 fitting a growler only made it sound good no much real world power gain. But fitted to the I6 4.0 they don't improve sound as much. It will improve throttle response slightly and highway driving you'll get a bit better fuel econ

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I have pacemaker headers.. there the extractors.. it has 2.5inch exhaust from that. an catback in between..
i ordered the part today an will hopefully have it tomorrow.. will upload photos when i have installed it an give feedback

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1999 au series 1

NSW, Australia

BEWARE!!!! as members of ford mods have told me!
if you go getting aftermarket performance bits such as 2.5 inch xzorst! pod filters! extractors!
high flow cats and growler kits etc; esp on your p plates!
you should also weigh up the risks!
if you have an accident wether it's your fault or not' as soon as your insurance company looks under your bonnet they will make your policy nul and void!
and you could walk away with no refund or car to show for it. :shock:
is it really worth the risks ! ya have to ask ya self.

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

it came with the extractors an catback an exhaust on it wen i bought it.. the insurance know everything an didnt say anything.. an if i am in an accident the growler kit will get replaced if it all in the total sum of so much.. depending on car...... so i should be alright.. i check regulations on it.. i asked a cop bout it.. im all sweet..

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:09 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 ba xr6

NSW, Australia

in my own oppion the growler kit sounds unbeliveable it is a great mod as far as power goes i dont think its that much of a gain but definetly sounds great it is legal as it is a enclosed pod filter cops ive had no problems with goodluck !!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next