Fordmods Logo

Has anyone fitted a capa flash chip to there ef-el i6 yet? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Has anyone fitted a capa flash chip to there ef-el i6 yet?
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys,

I have been awaiting the Capa eliminator flash chip to suit EF-EL I6 come out on the market now that its here i was wondering if anyone has fitted one to there ef-el i6.

what results in terms of rwkw extra have they gained on a dyno and has it improved throttle responce and fuel economy.

And were in the rev range does the engine feel better.

I have read and seen results of the flash tuner used in Ba-bf i6 cars but have not seen or heard of anyone fitting one to there ef-ef i6 yet.

Mark.

Post subject: Re: Has anyone fitted a capa flash chip to there ef-el i6 ye
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 03 BA XR6

VIC, Australia

effalcon6 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have been awaiting the Capa eliminator flash chip to suit EF-EL I6 come out on the market now that its here i was wondering if anyone has fitted one to there ef-el i6.

what results in terms of rwkw extra have they gained on a dyno and has it improved throttle responce and fuel economy.

And were in the rev range does the engine feel better.

I have read and seen results of the flash tuner used in Ba-bf i6 cars but have not seen or heard of anyone fitting one to there ef-ef i6 yet.

Mark.

i haven't got one, but im also keen to hear from anyone who has gotten one....but no ones put their hand up yet, guess no one wants to be the guinea pig for capa ?!?

2003 BA Ford Falcon XR6 | BF Typhoon Intake + K&N Filter | Lukey 2.5" catback zorst | More mods coming soon....

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Id like to do it as im looking to chip my falcon now, prob is thats theres no one in my area that can dyno tune the thing.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i'd put mine on the dyno for them to use as a mule!
i'd also like to hear results - just to see whether it's worth it.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

isn't there already a thread asking this?

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

seems like the E-series chipset is a good thing , but very hard to get more detailed information on the falcon E-series chipset from capa and from the people that made it for capa, SCT Flashtuner http://www.sctflash.com/

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40526

If i could get a group of us guys to buy the chipset for E-series falcons we could possible save up to $200 each on initial purchase.

start a DIY self learn group in this thread and exchange information and help each other along the learning path.

see what you guys think .

i already have a price list , in a one of group buy would be a substantial savings.

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:44 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I think it would be a fantastic idea for a group buy as you fpv if we get 20 or more people to purchase then we should be able to broker a better deal through capa.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I think it would be a fantastic idea for a group buy as you fpv if we get 20 or more people to purchase then we should be able to broker a better deal through capa.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
hi

seems like the E-series chipset is a good thing , but very hard to get more detailed information on the falcon E-series chipset from capa and from the people that made it for capa, SCT Flashtuner http://www.sctflash.com/

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40526

Just thinking about what is posted on the bottom of the page of the above link and I"ve got a few questions.

If the factory MAP sensor is only a 1.5 bar MAP sensor (0.5 Bar boost and 1 bar vaccum) what happens when you reach more than the capabilities of the map sensor? Does it just max out at 6psi (and won't change its output if any more boost than 6spi is reached) thus requiring a rising rate reg and a completely f**k up looking fuel map? Or does it do all sorts of wierd and unpredictable s**t?

Also does the hardware architecture allow a bigger map sensor to be installed and a decent tune up done with just a flash tuner? Or is it beyond the limits of the EEC4 and would it require drastic reprogramming of the ECU just to scale the output values of the larger map sensor?

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: tickford el xr6

SA, Australia

yes i had mine done about 2 weeks ago by bruce heinrich in adelaide,
its awesome, put up next to a unichip or chiptorque it kills them, i gained 15-18rwkw through the whole rev range and it really utilized my high lift crow cam, every part of throttle response is better, i recommend them, i payed 850dollars to have it done, only coz he is our car club mechanic though.

EL XR6 5spd - 165rwkw

-"Game... NOT OVER!"

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

tickford666 wrote:
yes i had mine done about 2 weeks ago by bruce heinrich in adelaide,
its awesome, put up next to a unichip or chiptorque it kills them, i gained 15-18rwkw through the whole rev range and it really utilized my high lift crow cam, every part of throttle response is better, i recommend them, i payed 850dollars to have it done, only coz he is our car club mechanic though.

I had one fitted and it wouldn't run,wasted 2 days trying to get it working,my dyno guy had an inquiry last week,this guy had one fitted elsewhere and the cars gone backwards,wanted him to fix it,cost him $1500 and he's not at all happy,i hear from a bloke in wa in the know that most tuners have sent them back,i've gone with the jim mock these do work and only on falcons.

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

I think the results will have more to do with the tuner than the SCT Eliminator chip. The best chip in the world in the hands of some one that doesn't know what they are doing ie, dyno guy will not give good results. Do some research of local tuners and see what other customers results have been.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]