Fordmods Logo

has ne1 used a commodore serp belt on there el before 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: has ne1 used a commodore serp belt on there el before
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 534

Joined: 14th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Location: newcastle
NSW, Australia

ok for months now i have been trying to get a performance serpentine belt for my el to no avail.
today i bought a gates commodore one which is the same except it 4mm longer
does any one forsee issues with doing this??

cheers mystro
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 108

Posts: 927

Joined: 27th Sep 2007

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Yes when the belt stretches it will most likely squeal and wont be tensioned enough to properly drive all your accesories, if it even tensions up with the extra 4mm length.
Why apart from wank factor would you possibly need a blue gates serpentine belt when the factory unit is more than up to the task.
You wont get any helpful comments dude because what you are trying to achieve is silly and pointless

 

_________________

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: has ne1 used a commodore serp belt on there el before
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1279

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

Location: Burwood Nights
VIC, Australia

mystro wrote:
ok for months now i have been trying to get a performance serpentine belt for my el to no avail.
today i bought a gates commodore one which is the same except it 4mm longer
does any one forsee issues with doing this??

cheers mystro


Gates make the "racing" serp belts that fit EL's ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 534

Joined: 14th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Location: newcastle
NSW, Australia

thanx for your forsight :) your comment is helpful enough.
few reasons
a. the gates one was cheaper than the standard by $10
b.whats wrong with having blue and shiney thingd engine bay?
c. the parts dude said it would work ,so i made him promise i could bring it back if it didnt
d. the belt i have now is stretched heaps and is missing sections of ribs it still doesnt squeel
e. long warranty,much stronger ,less strech,higher heat and friction capabilities
d. imo gates would have to be the best brand in the world for thier products
e. i have spare tensioners and could easily add 4mm of extra metal if i
need to
f. personal gratification lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: has ne1 used a commodore serp belt on there el before
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 534

Joined: 14th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Location: newcastle
NSW, Australia

glenneaux wrote:
mystro wrote:
ok for months now i have been trying to get a performance serpentine belt for my el to no avail.
today i bought a gates commodore one which is the same except it 4mm longer
does any one forsee issues with doing this??

cheers mystro


Gates make the "racing" serp belts that fit EL's ?

i know cant get one but :cry:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 2337

Joined: 25th Apr 2008

Ride: Boxcar Love

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

If its only 4mm, the tensioner will cope. My belt is old and stretched, it would definatly be longer than 4 mm extra, and still doesn't sqeeul. If for some reason it doesn't work, it sounds like you've got it covered with the seller.

 

_________________

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

Why OH Why can't they make RED belts? Hmmmmm?


BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

BenJ wrote:
Why OH Why can't they make RED belts? Hmmmmm?


BenJ


cos they would be to fast.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 108

Posts: 927

Joined: 27th Sep 2007

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

mystro wrote:
thanx for your forsight :) your comment is helpful enough.
few reasons
a. the gates one was cheaper than the standard by $10
b.whats wrong with having blue and shiney thingd engine bay?
c. the parts dude said it would work ,so i made him promise i could bring it back if it didnt
d. the belt i have now is stretched heaps and is missing sections of ribs it still doesnt squeel
e. long warranty,much stronger ,less strech,higher heat and friction capabilities
d. imo gates would have to be the best brand in the world for thier products
e. i have spare tensioners and could easily add 4mm of extra metal if i
need to
f. personal gratification lol

Why ask the question then? just do it, of course it will work you said so.
This post is pointless
Im off to paint my belt blue :roll:

 

_________________

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 595

Joined: 2nd Oct 2007

Power: 327 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
BenJ wrote:
Why OH Why can't they make RED belts? Hmmmmm?


BenJ


cos they would be to fast.


hahah...hilarious :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

mystro wrote:
thanx for your forsight :) your comment is helpful enough.
few reasons
a. the gates one was cheaper than the standard by $10
b.whats wrong with having blue and shiney thingd engine bay?
c. the parts dude said it would work ,so i made him promise i could bring it back if it didnt
d. the belt i have now is stretched heaps and is missing sections of ribs it still doesnt squeel
e. long warranty,much stronger ,less strech,higher heat and friction capabilities
d. imo gates would have to be the best brand in the world for thier products
e. i have spare tensioners and could easily add 4mm of extra metal if i
need to
f. personal gratification lol


Why do you have this thread then?

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 534

Joined: 14th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Location: newcastle
NSW, Australia

Why do you have this thread then?[/quote]
to see if any 1 had used a commonwhore belt before and whether they had dramas .
also to waste time while my gf plays guitar hero. no she is not a kid.
gm parts are often more cheaper more variety and more available
even though i hate holdens and am prolly cursing my car
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 1998

Joined: 31st Dec 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

Location: Munruben
QLD, Australia

mystro wrote:
gm parts are often more cheaper more variety and more available

Haha, I could help but read this as if you were 5. :lol:

 

_________________

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

twr7cx wrote:
Why do you have this thread then?


green car wrote:
Why ask the question then? just do it, of course it will work you said so.
This post is pointless
Im off to paint my belt blue :roll:



you both suck nuts.

It was a fair enough question to ask. It only needed a short and to the point answer.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 534

Joined: 14th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Location: newcastle
NSW, Australia

OZBMX wrote:
mystro wrote:
gm parts are often more cheaper more variety and more available

Haha, I could help but read this as if you were 5. :lol:

yer some people choose to write a s s holes on the web.
i choose to write like im five
claiming that i am mystro yet i spell it wrong.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names