Page 3 of 5 [ 62 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont Turbo

QLD, Australia

cjh wrote:
snortingboost wrote:
Air speed is lost and the fuel will condense on the port wall

Fuel will condence on the port wall, what???

Let see, an engine running at 1,500rpm, has a cam rpm of 750 rpm, so that means the inlet valve is opening and closing at 12.5 times per second, so when will the fuel get a chance to sit there???
Ever heard of K-Jetronic fuel injection???? K means constant. It doesn't pulse, its a constant stream, just the volume changes.

Yes, fuel will condense on the port wall. I really don't care for what you think is a great port job as i won't be taking my head to you, pollish all you want in your back yard and i'll continue to do it at work. Good luck with it.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

snortingboost wrote:
cjh wrote:
snortingboost wrote:

Let see, an engine running at 1,500rpm, has a cam rpm of 750 rpm, so that means the inlet valve is opening and closing at 12.5 times per second, so when will the fuel get a chance to sit there???
Ever heard of K-Jetronic fuel injection???? K means constant. It doesn't pulse, its a constant stream, just the volume changes.

Yes, fuel will condense on the port wall. I really don't care for what you think is a great port job as i won't be taking my head to you, pollish all you want in your back yard and i'll continue to do it at work. Good luck with it.

Thats OK, I wouldn't do your head anyway, too busy doing mine and others, plus other repairs to morons cars that think an oil change renews the car. It says your 25 yo, haven't been around long, eh? Go on a big search, and it will open your eyes.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

cjh wrote:
snortingboost wrote:
cjh wrote:
snortingboost wrote:

Thats OK, I wouldn't do your head anyway, too busy doing mine and others, plus other repairs to morons cars that think an oil change renews the car. It says your 25 yo, haven't been around long, eh? Go on a big search, and it will open your eyes.

gees you have a big f**k chip on your shoulder

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I've been around a bit longer and I have this thing called " Expirence". I'ved worked in quite a few w/shops, and heaps of them don't meet my expectations for a w/shop, and one is expected to do quality repairs without the right gear. That drives me fvcken nuts. I like to do a job once & right the first time, hence the w/shop I'm at now is full-on booked out for a week or more in advance. There is only 2 of us in the w/shop, and we don't get come-backs, which I hate.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i think all that " Expirence" has gone to your head.

all you seem to do is blow your own trumpet, and every time some one posts something they've done, you claim to have done it better or achieved the same with less or just shoot them down all together.

incase you hadn't noticed there are quite a number of people that are getting fed up with it.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
i think all that " Expirence" has gone to your head.

all you seem to do is blow your own trumpet, and every time some one posts something they've done, you claim to have done it better or achieved the same with less or just shoot them down all together.

incase you hadn't noticed there are quite a number of people that are getting fed up with it.

That still hasn't stopped those on here from flamming me, has it???
I come on here, saying what I'm doing or what I have done, and about 5 of ya's come on saying that doesn't work, or won't perform well, etc, etc...
There is still nothing like hands on, been there, seen it, done that, expirience. I was assembling a 1954 SWB LandRover (with the ol man) as a 10 year old. On w/ends, I was working with the ol man at a wrecking yard, using/driving a forklift, removing engines, knew my spanners, which cars were imperial, which were metric. Even knew some models of cars too.
What were ya's doing at that age, playing arcade games at the mall???
I have worked most of my life, and have the worn out joints to show for it.

My two cents.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

here we go again, the next installment of CJH's life story.

as i recall you where the one telling me what i should have used and how i should have done with our XD.

you claim you made the same power but can't prove it and listed of a bunch of stuff you used to do it.

well guess what. you used a manifold designed for top end power and a bigger cam to do it.

well guess what, when it comes to building a 500hp odd clevo. I've been there and done that. along with a bunch of other engines and a few cars i've rebuilt from the ground up.

you also seem to love to put people down because you are older then them.
saying " Expirence" count's for everthing you the rest of us are not old enough to have any. Do you honestly think you are the only person who starting playing with cars and engine at a young age?

people flame you because your "ideas" are old and out dated. (wonder how age falls in there) and have been proven wrong so many times by so many well respected engine builders (some of which are much older and more " Expirenced" then you) thats it just plain not funny.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

love it boys.

I like cjh cause he drives an EA S with a 3.9 banger. Differences of opinion are what make this forum great. :D

P.S it's spelt Experience.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Damo wrote:
love it boys.

I like cjh cause he drives an EA S with a 3.9 banger. Differences of opinion are what make this forum great. :D

P.S it's spelt Experience.

yeah i know. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
your "ideas" are old and out dated. .

The internal combustion engine is an old idea. What are we gunna do when they bring in Hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles????

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

What about high velocity porting!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

cjh wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

The internal combustion engine is an old idea. What are we gunna do when they bring in Hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles????

so you are saying because it an old idea only old tuning practices are going to work? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i like arguing with you. you make it so easy for me

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
cjh wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

so you are saying because it an old idea only old tuning practices are going to work? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, basically they are all similar, eh? Heads, cams, ignition, manifolds, exhaust. Change any one of these and it has an effect, better or worse, yes?
All the ideas are which way to use what with which to get a good combination that works for what your after, yes?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

cjh wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
cjh wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

Well, basically they are all similar, eh? Heads, cams, ignition, manifolds, exhaust. Change any one of these and it has an effect, better or worse, yes?
All the ideas are which way to use what with which to get a good combination that works for what your after, yes?

you missed the point completly :roll:
yes we still modify the same areas of the engine. we just don't do it like it used to be done. because new and better ways of doing it have been found. maybe you should look into some of the new ways and you'll realise why every puts s**t you for the way you do it

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

cjh wrote:

and how does this relate to anyone on this forum??? i certainly do hope my injectors are pulsing...

and, ive been reading this thread with great interest... and i have a question for you.... here goes...

IF the inlet valves are opening at 54 times per second, at 6500rpm, then, what is happening to the airflow inside the port?? since, you cant seem to grasp the fact fuel will have any time to stick to port walls?? the air must be one continous flow into the cylinder then???

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next