Fordmods Logo

Headers and CAI's - WHICH are WORTH the MONEY? NEED ADVICE!! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Toras wrote:
Oh... miscommunication ---->

I meant where can i get a cam (ie: wadecam) in ADELAIDE.

I already checked wade's site and saw that theyr not located in Adelaide :cry:

Aussie Post is your answer there. I think it was 16 bucks postage each way for mine - for them to send it to me, and then me to return my old one.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Hey Toras you live in Adelaide right? Give Sprint auto parts a go, they have always been able to order in cams. Their are a few places in adelaide that will get Wade cams in as well.

But yeah Sprint Auto parts should be able to get Wade cams in, they are pretty cheap as well i mean they are nothing like Repco thats for sure.

Also with the K&N filter buy the cleaning kit as well! Good investment it is. Ive had mine for nearly 1 year now and it still looks new (like it did out of the box) They will seriously last for ages, but the cleaning kit has the filter oil which you need to spray it with from time to time. (this helps better filtration) when it gets fairly old.

Good luck, the K&N panel filter together with the XR8 AU Tickford snorkle really do make a difference, throttle response increases dramatically!
:)

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Hey Toras you live in Adelaide right? Give Sprint auto parts a go, they have always been able to order in cams. Their are a few places in adelaide that will get Wade cams in as well.

But yeah Sprint Auto parts should be able to get Wade cams in, they are pretty cheap as well i mean they are nothing like Repco thats for sure.

Why buy the Wade cam through someone else? That way your probably paying more! Deal with Wade directly, then your getting a Fordmods.com discount and no other party is adding there cut onto the price. Just ring or e-mail Wade directly.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
XRFan101 wrote:

Why buy the Wade cam through someone else? That way your probably paying more! Deal with Wade directly, then your getting a Fordmods.com discount and no other party is adding there cut onto the price. Just ring or e-mail Wade directly.

Or you could just do that yeah? :roll: :) Buuut how much are we talking for delivery thou.. I mean if it were $10-$20 then more than likely thats the discount you will be saving from getting it directly from wade.

Where as Sprit autos are pretty cheap, i mean they were selling crow cams way back for $120 and they were the mid range cams ( a good one in other words).. but hey whateva is cheaper and easier i guess :wink:

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: au2

QLD, Australia

Any ford mods members in brisbane that could install my wade cam. i was thinkin of doing it myself but then i was worried about hurtin my baby :oops: i mean car.

Or does any one know who would do it fairly cheap in brissy. Also want someone to install my pacies and cat for me.

Can any one help me out.

cheers

"Press 'any key', where the hell is the any key!!!!!!!!!!!"

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Nissan Skyline

SA, Australia

Mmm... Interesting.... Sprint Autos, Ill give em a call and see what they can do for me.

I would definatelly prefer having a cam supplied and fitted by the same place (for piece of mind).... instead of ordering and having a wadecam sent over, and then trying to find someone to install it for me.

Supply + Labour at the same time, seems to be the easier option for me, as i dont wanna have ne troubles, or delays, etc.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hmm sorry to contradict my previous post but, Sprint Auto parts dont install as far as i know, they are supply only. :? Sorry.

As for installation, Have you got a favourtie mechanic who does work on your car? :)

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Crow Cams for 120 bucks ya reckon? That's a bargain, cost price at Repco to buy one in is more than that, and we deal with a lot of Crow stuff!
Considering Wade are regrinds and you have to give them your old one, but Crows are billet, brand new made, and you keep your old one, and you don't have to worry about shims - I'd definately have gone a billet then if it was the same price.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah well it was a good price, it was to suit the XF, power range was something like 900rpm-4500rpm (pro street cam) so it would of f**ed up the engine eventually. :) Hmm i did start a thread on it, but that was from FM version 1. :cry:

Glad i didnt buy it! But yeah Sprint Auto Parts are pretty good on thier prices, far cheaper then Crapco :roll:

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:24 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

blackjack_original wrote:
You think sprint is cheaper than repco? $6 for a small roll of ordinary sticky tape tends to disagree.... still i guess it would be cheaper than autobarn... $12 for a 10 pack of cable ties, what the hell are they smoking.

I went to ripoffbarn recently re: LED globes, they wanted $10 for a two pack. Went to repco, and got a 10 pack for $17.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

I bought a tow ball cover for $1.99 in Autobarn Leongatha on Friday. On Monday at Autobarn Chadstone they had the exact same ones for $5.99. Pays to shop around.

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

tomcolahan wrote:
I bought a tow ball cover for $1.99 in Autobarn Leongatha on Friday. On Monday at Autobarn Chadstone they had the exact same ones for $5.99. Pays to shop around.

Ha, bought one at Autobarn Glenorchy down here for 99 cents. Stupid Repco onlyu had shinny silver ones.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

We had the choice of "Chrome" or black... i went the black.

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next