Fordmods Logo

Heart Transplant for an XF? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

On paper that price is reasonable but in practise how much would it cost to pay a tuner to get the VCT spot on considering it is a bit wayward from the factory. I'll point you towards Zoom magazine issue 105 where a properly tuned VCT was worth 15rwkw over the factory VCT map.

And as for the boss into XY. Any more details? I would like to know of any clearance issues.

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Check out AFF.com.au for more details on the BOSS conversion. There was a thread on there.

I cant access it at work to get you some links.

Ill have to check out that Zoom article. Nizpro have told me that with the correct adjustments to the cams utilizing independant cam timing (which isnt available in the BA XR6T's) with a motec they gain 100ft lbs.

Quoted from Simon at Nizpro. "Hi Dan, The dual VCT is a great advantage in regards to driveability. Low and mid range are the biggest advantages, these advantages are two fold. Firstly the off boost performance is picked up so economy and cruise are greatly improved. Secondly due to the engine working more efficiently in N/A state, boost also then comes on earlier. An example of this is when we demonstrate this at 2000 rpm on the engine dyno the maximum boost pressure when the cams are in the non correct position will only be a pound or two, once cam timing is optimised the engine will now make 7 to 8 pounds with torque rising around 100 foot pounds, now this is when using Dual independent VCT. "

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

f**k Nizpro lol. When are they going to get off their a*** and fir their monster into a car so we can all se how hard 1000+hp goes.

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
f**k Nizpro lol. When are they going to get off their a*** and fir their monster into a car so we can all se how hard 1000+hp goes.

Dunno, dont all of the tuners now have a dyno queen with no chance of surviving a full 400metre trip at full throttle. Thats why BA motors into earlier POS cars like mine are good. I dont mind wrecking the thing doing full power runs/launches down a track. If I had to replace CV's everytime I hit the loud pedal on my daily driver BA/BF I wouldnt thrash the car.

I know that nizpro dont seem to be that interested in drag racing. All of the big builds they have done are circuit orientated. There was one car making 588rwkw at their latest dyno day.

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:00 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

here is one that's already been busted!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BA-XR-6-TURBO-EN ... dZViewItem

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Is it just me, or is there a largish hole in the side of that block? :shock:

Steve

Ever stopped to think, and then forget to start again?

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:07 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 99 xr6

QLD, Australia

steves85xf yeees thats a hole that means its already really busted from where i am sitting cost you another grand just to get a good block :cry:

ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK,what a shame im white ..........

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

lol... i guess that means i should only touch that with sonme kind of '10 foot clown pole' and lots of money...

-Steve

Steve

Ever stopped to think, and then forget to start again?

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 99 xr6

QLD, Australia

stopping and thinking and then going again great choice of words i say :wink:

ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK,what a shame im white ..........

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

Dunno, dont all of the tuners now have a dyno queen with no chance of surviving a full 400metre trip at full throttle. Thats why BA motors into earlier POS cars like mine are good. I dont mind wrecking the thing doing full power runs/launches down a track. If I had to replace CV's everytime I hit the loud pedal on my daily driver BA/BF I wouldnt thrash the car.

I know that nizpro dont seem to be that interested in drag racing. All of the big builds they have done are circuit orientated. There was one car making 588rwkw at their latest dyno day.

There was talk of them building a full tube chassis drag car and fitting their 1000hp+ monster in there with the hope of a 7 second pass. These rumours surfaced with weeks of their dyno vid of that engine. Its all died down now. Tell you what, that engine would be magic in a TC-TF cortina or a stripped out EA-ED falcon.

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

And with that blown motor, unless it came with the turbo, wiring and all accessories I wouldn't touch it if they payed me.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2