Fordmods Logo

Heater/AirCon Sliders Buggering Up 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Heater/AirCon Sliders Buggering Up
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:36 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ED XR6 Falcon

VIC, Australia

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of brainstorming on my problem with the aircon/heater controls on my XR.

The slider that controls where the air comes out - like windscreen, face, face/feet, etc has stopped working in the last week - the slider moves, but the air stays stuck on the windscreen.

This is probably due to the fact i had to run a power cable for a new amp through the firewall from the passenger side under the glove box area - and i have a feeling i have knocked something important loose.

I understand these controls run on manifold vacuum, so i have probably just knocked a hose loose i guess but i was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly where to start or if they feel the same way?

Anjy ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

1994 ED XR6 Le Mans Red, 4 Speed Auto, NGK Iridium Plugs, Bosch sports leads, EA Airbox Hose, K&N Pod Filter, Xplod Head Unit, Kenny 12" Sub

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:34 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FALCON

SA, Australia

i have the same problem few weeks ago it just would change of the windscreen i have checked all the wiring at the back of the unit and it seems fine where else can i look

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:54 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Fairlane

QLD, Australia

With the motor running, can you hear air hissing around the glove box? If so, then one of the hoses has come off there. There is a large group of vac hoses there. Otherwise, have a look under the engine bay near the washer bottle, and you should see a couple of black hoses comming through the firewall. One goes to the manifold from memory, the other one, goes down to the heater tap I think. Make sure that these are both connected still.

EL GLI, White
Power windows, Fairmont/Ghia door trims, converted to manual, extractors, zorst, wade cam, stereo, Tickford ECU, Tickford body kit, XR wheel.....

Mods to come: 3:45 LSD sitting in shed!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]