Fordmods Logo

Help help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Help help
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

New Zealand

my battery keeps going flat, im pretty sure (i noticed today), the lightup key entry on the door is staying on and not going off as it should, any ideas, please please......ive pulled the fuse for the door locks and thats got rid of it temporally, but its not the answer

Ok, new update, the door lock lights were on because the interior lights (fuse) was removed, once i put that fuse back the door lock light now behaves itself.....so i guess its just a case of the battery going flat somehow.....now im really stumped!!!!

Post subject: Re: Help help
Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:25 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Make sure your interior light switch is turned off and that doors are turning off the interior light,you may have blown bulbs and the glovebox light is still on .or after rereading your post the lock lights will drain your battery over a period of time and what you get is a permanently flat battery which isn't getting charged because the alternator will not charge up a flat battery.So use a battery charger to get your battery up to full charge.ttttThen see how you go .Kevman

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]