Fordmods Logo

Help in selecting extactors 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Help in selecting extactors
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

in my experience at least, there was f**k-all difference when i upgraded from press bent extractors to mandrel bent ones

the only recommendation is to pay as little as possible for them, and make sure your not getting the horrible looking press bent headers you see on ebay which look like theyve been shaped with a hammer

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

Its not huge gains but it all counts, and better exhaust expultions improve throttle response and in other areas not just in take off and speed, but pure torque, EG: if you were hill climbing getting the gases out fast and hard is what ya need, improves fuel economy and helps the car breath opening up more power, add that to with a cam,cat,mandrel zorst and chip, mandrels might get you some extra rwkw that couldnt be achieved with stock, or crushers.
But hes right in most cases the difference is small, but its just a little more edge!! Hes also right about ebay s**t!!!! There UUUGLY!! :lol: somebody failed in metal fab lol

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

yeah i know it all makes some what difference......... but after spending money on all the good s**t over the years keeping it n/a, ive found its all a big f**k waste of money with stuff-all results

He could spend $500 on pacemakers, or $100 on s**t headers....... what if they ran up the same numbers on the dyno :lol:

you wanna go fast, then boost it !!!....... you want to go n/a, then do it as cheap as possible because you will find most n/a setups end up the same power & running the same track times anyway

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Very true, but he can charge it and build a better engine, In respect to using N/A setups i mean just bolt on and WEEEE!!, but they cost a nut at least a BOOST you can alter

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED futura

NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
yeah i know it all makes some what difference......... but after spending money on all the good s**t over the years keeping it n/a, ive found its all a big f**k waste of money with stuff-all results

He could spend $500 on pacemakers, or $100 on s**t headers....... what if they ran up the same numbers on the dyno :lol:

you wanna go fast, then boost it !!!....... you want to go n/a, then do it as cheap as possible because you will find most n/a setups end up the same power & running the same track times anyway

i would be more interested in the way they made that same power

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Honestly id like to see to, but you could be suprised...i have a DRIFT air filter that has been dyno tested to give 2+rwkw extra over K&N. And the hype is K&N is the best....s**t!!

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

heres an article which shows a stock paper air filter is only responsible for 6% of an EF intake's total pressure loss :wink:

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_Negat ... ticle.html

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I had my car tuned on the dyno recently

My air intake consists of EL rubber bend, EL plastic over the manifold, 75mm PVC pipe with a 15deg elbow in it, to a no-name pod filter inside an ACRON plastics airbox.

The car pulled 160 with all the stuff on, then it pulled 161 with everything taken off.
Obviously, from this, I'm not a believer in filters giving you magical power.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

They do last a life time if treated properly. and you cant argue with flow rate

SHAKE AND BAKE

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2