Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: help, inline fuse for back end lighting
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

BA Mk2 XR6 sedan
ok straight to the point, short circuited my boot light, smoke came off so i cut the wires to prevent any more short circuiting. now i have no power to the boot light wires, and when the engine is not running i have no power to the tail lights (break, reverse, blinkers), once engine starts their A ok

using a multimeter and a earth point I've discovered that positive power is at both of the two boot light wires (yep i typed that right), ive also checked the fuses under the steering colum and in the engine bay, their all fine, not a single one blown.

upon researching the electrical system, it turns out theirs a module which im guessing switches one of those positive wires to negative, (at their is no negative going to boot light in circuit drawing).

im guessing/hoping ive blown the inline fuse that powers the back end of the car, does anyone know where the hell that fuse is located (and its not in the two fuse boxes). also does any one know where the module is that controls the electronics is.

any help is appreciated, thanks

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Post subject: Re: help, inline fuse for back end lighting
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:00 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Your brake ,reverse and maybe the taillights should work when you turn on the ignition switch to the on position ie: the warning lights are on.The boot light may be controlled by the bcm.Use a test light not a multimeter because you may be picking up the earth returns from the other interior lights .The fuse should be marked as a courtesy light or ctsy .Hope this helps .Kevman.

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

double and triple checked every fuse & relay in the car, even exposed the whole back end wiring harness, ill chat to the boys at ford this week, if they don't know whats causing the issue ill just rewire in a boot light from the interior lights, and not worry about the break lights

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer ford dont know what the hell it is and want me to book it in, so in other words it will cost like 200+ for them to do exactly what ive done and not come to a conclusion, so im just gonna run a new wire for the boot

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]