Fordmods Logo

HELP ME! :( AU VCT INTECH ENGINE IN XH UTE! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: HELP ME! :( AU VCT INTECH ENGINE IN XH UTE!
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1997

VIC, Australia

HELP I NEED LOTS OF HELP, I have had a Ford Xh long reach ute, I have seen forums on here about people having problems and getting answers that really dont cover much about au engines in xh utes, now for you guys who want an au engine in there older model fords, the first thing u must do to an au engine is get a modified sump as it needs clearance for the lower k-frame, ok thats done on my xh ute, fits nice now, i think the next step is making sure all wires and ecu is there, now no xh ute wireloom wires or plugs will suit an Au engine at all, so what do i do this is my question?

do i replace my whole wire loom on my xh with an au wireloom?

is there a modified loom that goes on the original xh loom?

anyone really good with knowledge on the xh wire system to run an au ford motor would be really appreciated!

please help my car is sad sitting there in pieces and not being able to show her new heart, i need it pumping and growling if you know what i mean :)

help! help! help!

Post subject: Re: HELP ME! :( AU VCT INTECH ENGINE IN XH UTE!
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Engine in the XH is no different to the EL except for the Log Manifold (BBM if XR6).

Just use the XH Sensors and wiring loom. See below.

Things required to fit AU engine to EF/EL

1) Sump needs to be modified to fit K-Frame, you can cut and weld the K-Frame but that is up to you, will need engineering after being cut. You cannot use an EF/EL sump as the sump is totally different to AU.

2) Need to use AU/BF alternator or you will need to modify the block and drill and tap mount points to mount the EF/EL alternator.
If you use an AU I alternator you will need to change the plug for the alternator to one from an AUI as these are different from the Mitsubishi alternators.
Note: Believe that the AUII & III and BA alternators have the same plug as EF/EL.

3) Remove the block where the Dizzy (EL) or cam sensor (EF) goes and remove the gear from the shaft and fit to your Dizzy (EL) or Cam Sensor (EF). This will then mean that the gears are matching and you should have no issues, there have been issues with dizzys failing when this has not been done. Some modding will be required to use the existing mount point, extra notch/grind Cam sensor.
Note:Do not try and drill hole in existing EF position on AU block, you will drill through the block.

4) You will need to use an EF/EL thermostat housing as these have your temp sensor and AU housings do not.

5) You will need to use the EF/EL BBM as the uppers are different to the AU. Also us the EF/EL throttle body as some of the plugs are different to the AU.

6) Use the EF/EL wiring loom.

7) You will need to tap the block with an M12 1.5 tap if using the EF/EL Knock sensor. If using the AU sensor you will need to modify the plug.

8) a) You will need to cut the EF/EL AC pump mount spacers down to 30mm to suit the AU block as well as shortening the bolts by 10mmm if using the AU alternator to suit the standard serpentine belt.
b) If using the EF/EL alternator with modified mounts you will not need to cut down the mounts and be able to use the standard Serpentine belt.
c) Alternatively you can use the AU alternator , standard AC spacers and a Serpentine belt from an XH (Slightly longer).

9) Use the EF/EL power steering pump. This is a direct bolt up. The AU pump hose connection is different to the EF/EL.

10) You do not need to change the Harmonic balancer for either EL (Dizzy) or EF Coil Pack.

11) If fitting to EF you will need to use your original Coil Pack or an AUI coil pack as these are different to AUII & III. (different plug)

12) you can use the AU head or fit you EF/EL head, that is up to you.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

SWC covers everything with good detail...

Misk converted his XH to AU wiring... Had some issues because he doesn't have the AU motor... You do so that is half the battle done...

auto-electrical-forum-f89/au-ecu-and-engine-loom-in-xh-el-t124721.html

I converted my ED to AU wiring and motor... Fully changed over unlike Misk's... I have full smartshield security and exchanged every single wiring loom in my car over to AU (except the boot loom)

the-garage-f53/timmya-s-93-ed-falcon-au-revision-complete-t79040.html

My contents is a bit far behind but it covers the start of the planning and just read from there on...

You say there is no info but between my thread and Misk's we've covered nearly everything regarding using AU wiring... If that isn't what you're doing (you sound unsure yourself) then SWC has covered everything else you need to know...

If something else pops up ask us in here so we get the notification you've posted for help...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:12 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

You replace all the AU sensors and Auxillaries with the XH Stuff. Replace the AU BBM with the XH Log intake and all is good. I have an AU Engine fitted to our wagon and it is just fitted with the EL gear and EL Wiring loom. MY EF have a worked AU Block, with EF Head and other goodies and runs the EF Loom on a EF ECU. This subject is covered heavily. Troyman fitted an AU motor to his ED and used the ED loom, ECU ETC.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:54 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
This subject is covered heavily. Troyman fitted an AU motor to his ED and used the ED loom, ECU ETC.

and i will be fitting a AU motor to me EA using all EA wiring etc etc

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

one little question for ya .... are you sure ya putting a VCT engine in?

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Whatcha talkin bout Mad? :?

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:13 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Whatcha talkin bout Mad? :?

Cheers,
Tim

-

in the headline they put "HELP ME! :( AU VCT INTECH ENGINE IN XH UTE!" but nothing was mentioned anywhere else re VCT plus no one else asked about it. & dont ya need the AU VCT ecu to run it [vct] ?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]