Fordmods Logo

help!!!! mechanics dont know what im talkin bout!!! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: help!!!! mechanics dont know what im talkin bout!!!
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:50 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The trip computer will do that if the serial input ground isn't properly grounded, or it can't see data coming in via the serial line.

Contrary to Fordsrule's thoughts, the trip computer is nothing but an external display. All the functions of the trip computer (apart from the clock) are handled by the cluster and fed to the trip computer via the serial data line, and all it does is display the numbers the cluster says.

So double check the plugs on the trip computer and cluster are in properly, even if it means taking them out and putting them back in. Then worst case, check the data lines to make sure they haven't been broken.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
if they are stealing they are not very smart in the first place as to the reason why most get caught if i was going to steal a car (not really i hate thief's the bastards) i would just get a tow truck(making sure there is no cameras around the area first) tow them away then break into them in a paddock somewhere far away and dismantle them then start selling the parts 3 months later

someone has tried to break into dads Hyundai excel GXL Sportz 2000 and somehow failed and f**k up the central locking it has no alarm or anything in it i could steal the thing if i wanted to no trouble and strangely enough the hyundai has been target a few times as someone broke a door handle on it while we were in shopping world, broke door handle again while it was at home and then got the central locking stuffed while at home but they didnt touch my NF or EL or mums BF all sitting outside at the time i know they are harder to steal due to they actually have a immobilizer and plastics inside the doors to prevent shoving bent metal rod down the door to unlock it and those funny shaped keys

this proves my point that if they cant steal a excel they aren't very bright

stealing ones not the easiest, but breaking into them a piece of piss, because you have a big door handle to hook around, and then automatically have the locks operate unlike alot of cars. and alot of the time there more interested in just the contents than taking the car anywhere, especially if theres something to catch their eye.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

OZBMX wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:
if they are stealing they are not very smart in the first place as to the reason why most get caught if i was going to steal a car (not really i hate thief's the bastards) i would just get a tow truck(making sure there is no cameras around the area first) tow them away then break into them in a paddock somewhere far away and dismantle them then start selling the parts 3 months later

someone has tried to break into dads Hyundai excel GXL Sportz 2000 and somehow failed and f**k up the central locking it has no alarm or anything in it i could steal the thing if i wanted to no trouble and strangely enough the hyundai has been target a few times as someone broke a door handle on it while we were in shopping world, broke door handle again while it was at home and then got the central locking stuffed while at home but they didnt touch my NF or EL or mums BF all sitting outside at the time i know they are harder to steal due to they actually have a immobilizer and plastics inside the doors to prevent shoving bent metal rod down the door to unlock it and those funny shaped keys

this proves my point that if they cant steal a excel they aren't very bright

stealing ones not the easiest, but breaking into them a piece of piss, because you have a big door handle to hook around, and then automatically have the locks operate unlike alot of cars. and alot of the time there more interested in just the contents than taking the car anywhere, especially if theres something to catch their eye.

ANY car can be broken into, it's just a matter of how badly you want to get into the car. Windows break easy enough. Best thing, as OZBMZ touched on, is to NEVER leave anything of value in plain view when you leave the car unattended. Remove the stereo fascia, dont keep change in cupholderes etc, I have heard of windows being smashed in for a packet of smokes ffs. Alarms wont do jack if someone's after stuff laying around in the car, take 10-20 seconds to grab what they want and go. And really, who takes notice of an alarm screaming it's tits off in a car park these days?
I had some d**k break into my Laser (piece of piss to get into) and try to start it by jamming...... a hacksaw blade, yes that's right a HACKSAW BLADE? :? into the ignition barrel. I was stunned by how retarded this guy must be. Not only that, but the CD player, over 100 CD's and tools enough to steal and strip the car were left untouched?.
I was p****d (and a little insulted, if you're gonna break into my car at least have the courtesy to do a decent job of it :) ), had to replace the ignition barrel.

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

a hacksaw blade ??? are u actually serious ?

arm79

i am quiet aware the trip computer does not handle it but it cant display it if some connections are broken or the data doesnt arrive from a busted wire thats what i was meaning

i havent studied the wiring of the trip computer and to were it gets its data from as ive never had a problem with any of mine but that info is nice to know thanks for that arm79 thats sorta info is always handy

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:

Yup, I went to get in the car to go to work and noticed the door was unlocked, thought to myself 'I'm sure I locked that?' Got in the car, went to put the key in and 'WTF???????' there it was, the remains of a hacksaw blade jammed in there.
Story gets better. While I'm busy replacing the barrel later that day my neighbor comes over and asks what I'm doing so I told him the story. He tell me that he saw one of the ferals who lived just around the corner taking a 'bit to much interest' in my car the night before. Of course I'd have loved to go around there and kick his door (and head) in... but, no definite proof he'd broken into the car. So the next morning on the way to work I pulled over and put the old ignition barrel (with the hacksaw blade jammed in it) in this dude's letterbox. I figured if it was him he'd know exactly what it was and where it came from, if not he'd be like 'WTF?' and bin it. Sure enough after work I drive past his place nice and slow, and there he was out the front. I have never seen someone bolt inside so fast in my life!! :lol: :lol: Within 2 weeks he'd moved!!
Sometimes the fear of getting the s**t kicked through you can be worse than the act itself. :twisted:

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Esteven8 wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

Yup, I went to get in the car to go to work and noticed the door was unlocked, thought to myself 'I'm sure I locked that?' Got in the car, went to put the key in and 'WTF???????' there it was, the remains of a hacksaw blade jammed in there.
Story gets better. While I'm busy replacing the barrel later that day my neighbor comes over and asks what I'm doing so I told him the story. He tell me that he saw one of the ferals who lived just around the corner taking a 'bit to much interest' in my car the night before. Of course I'd have loved to go around there and kick his door (and head) in... but, no definite proof he'd broken into the car. So the next morning on the way to work I pulled over and put the old ignition barrel (with the hacksaw blade jammed in it) in this dude's letterbox. I figured if it was him he'd know exactly what it was and where it came from, if not he'd be like 'WTF?' and bin it. Sure enough after work I drive past his place nice and slow, and there he was out the front. I have never seen someone bolt inside so fast in my life!! :lol: :lol: Within 2 weeks he'd moved!!
Sometimes the fear of getting the s**t kicked through you can be worse than the act itself. :twisted:

lol nice gotta remember that just in case i ever get a hack saw blade in the ignition lol

if it was me just track his a** down and every yr on the day it happened send him a hack saw blade and ignition barrel in the mail

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
a hacksaw blade

Dont even need a hacksaw blade.

Stealing an XD to EA was as easy as popping the bonnet, removing the trans dipstick and using that to open the drivers door and start the car. Handly tool that dipstick. All accomplished with zero damage.

One of the big reasons Ford removed them from EF's. Finally Made the cars more secure.

And if you CBF opening the bonnet to get that dipstick, it was just a matter of BYO dipstick from a wreckers!

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:54 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:
a hacksaw blade

Dont even need a hacksaw blade.

Stealing an XD to EA was as easy as popping the bonnet, removing the trans dipstick and using that to open the drivers door and start the car. Handly tool that dipstick. All accomplished with zero damage.

One of the big reasons Ford removed them from EF's. Finally Made the cars more secure.

And if you CBF opening the bonnet to get that dipstick, it was just a matter of BYO dipstick from a wreckers!

Should have tried that on the EA before I got rid of it...

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

wow u guys would be good thieves

got my eye on u lot lol jks

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:

Fag :?

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

arm79 wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

what???

why???

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
arm79 wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

what???

why???

Any guy that says "he has his eye on us has got to be"... Just sounds soooo gay. :?

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

....okay.....never heard that before

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EF SERIES 2 XR6

NSW, Australia

Any guy that says "he has his eye on us has got to be"... Just sounds soooo gay. :?[/quote]

Exactly.. just imagine minding your own business putting fule in ur car, and the bloke at the bowser next to you say '' I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU'' I no wat id be thinking :|

96 EF XR6 Factory 5 sp, currently in the middle of building a new motor
75 XB hardtop, factory 351-4speed 9 inch 81000 genuine km's

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EF SERIES 2 XR6

NSW, Australia

haha far from it ... but if thats what u wud be thinking thats cool, each to his own :)

96 EF XR6 Factory 5 sp, currently in the middle of building a new motor
75 XB hardtop, factory 351-4speed 9 inch 81000 genuine km's

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next