Help pulling ABS/Cruise Control off a donor car 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Help pulling ABS/Cruise Control off a donor car
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

I have an ED Futura, and when I purchased it appeared to have been smashed up and the ABS and Cruise control which it came standard with was never replaced.

I have access to a NC V8 Fairlane Ghia in which I am going to get all the parts for the ABS and Cruise control, the question I am asking

1. I has abs on my car all the sensors are shot so I know they need to be replaced, I am not sure if I have the abs module (where do I check?), or whether the Hydraulic modulator has been damaged from my donor car (page 302-303 Ea-ED workshop manual)

2. I have no idea what I need to get my cruise working again! The ECU works i guess as when I hit the buttons the cruise light comes on but, it seems I am missing the speed sensors and other things. Could someone tell me what I need to get it back up and running and where to pull the parts from? (i cant seem to find a section in the workshop manual for cruise control)

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Adam

FG G6E Turbo
Grandpa Spec!

Post subject: Help pulling ABS/Cruise Control off a donor car
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:10 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 29 images

VIC, Australia

Hey bArNsY, how you going? Answer to your questions, the ABS module is located under the dash, above the accelerator pedal. If you look up, straight above acc pedal, you will see a black box with a plug held in place with a small bolt, similar to the ECU. It should have bendix written on it. If its there, maybe module is shot.
Second, if the cruise light comes on when you press buttons, you have the small cruise module in you car, but you might not have the servo and vaccum pump connected to second throttle cable.
If you have these (servo is located behind washer bottle in corner, held in with 3 10mm nuts, and pump is located in opposite corner connected to a secondary throttle cable, which leads down to throttle and clips on to small rounded pin).
If you have all of these, check the firstly that throttle cable is connected, and that all of your vacuum leads are connected. Vacuum lines start from the little pump, plugged into back of it, then leeads across engine bay above firewall, goes into a t-piece and goes to the back of the throttle cable.
Checked all plugged in, if not, where that t-piece join is, that actually goes through firewall and connects to a switch on the brake pedal. Check the little vacuum line is connected, or that the switch is not faulty ($5 from my wrecker).
If so, it just twists and pulls out. After all of that, and it still doesn't work, it might sound stupid, but make sure your brake lights are not stuck on, tricking you cruise in thinking your applying the brake (embarrasingly happened to me).
I hope I may have been of some help?

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

Thanks for all your help, I have pulled out the entire ABS system from the fairlane.

double checking all the cruise control stuff now

Thank you

Adam

FG G6E Turbo
Grandpa Spec!

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 29 images

VIC, Australia

Yeah mate, not a problem. Got plenty of experience with cruise control, as I fitted factory system to my GLi. Funny thing, I had a quick glance at a workshop manual and then went on to fit it by memory. Very happy it worked, but now could do it in about an hour on anybodies car.

Glad it worked.

Mark

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]