Fordmods Logo

HELP 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: HELP
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Ok I have a little problem my eb crapped a head gasket (it was severly coroded at the back of the block) so i remove and replace the head gasket fit everything back up and fire it up. It idles fine but has a major hesitation whenever the accelerator is pressed and go's to stall then picks up and revs when you back off it dips down momentarilly then returns to normal idle. If you flatten the accelerator it go's to stall then lets out a backfire through the intake then starts to rev even when you hold the revs up at about 2-2500 then flatten it you still get a slight hesitation but nowhere near as bad. This is getting rather annoying as the only thing that was changed was the head gasket and the car was running like a dream before the head was removed. I'm thinkin the cam or dizzy timing is out but we checked that and all seems well and if it were the leads plugs cap or rotor button it should have been doing this before the gasket was changed any clues before i set fire to it.

cheers Mic

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

have you got the firing order right? it might a bad plug.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Ok replaced the whole kit and caboodle leads plugs cap rotor still had the same problem. So we checked for a vacuum leak and found one but it was not a very big one so off came the intake. We remove gasket inspect and all seams well so we thought a bit of sealant and away we go as i start to apply sealant I notice some marks on the gasket then it clicked we had the wrong gasket. In the mad rush to get the car together I did not check it. It is actually of a cpi not a mpi so it did not have the injector bosses cutout so we went back and got the right gasket the nice thick one with the bosses cutout put it in and it was all good the car has never run better.

cheers Mic

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]