help, thottle warning light showed its face 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: help, thottle warning light showed its face
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

today i started up my car at uni, and the car was on a slight down slope (front down).
95% tank of 98 premium fuel, car was parked for 3 hours, never had any fault like this before, 78k kms on the clock, 05 ba xr6.
I was sitting in the car for about 4 mins with the car just idling in park. and then it sounded as if the revs died really low, it felt as if the car was on the verge of stalling, and the throttle warning light was lit up on the dash.
I though maybe its a sign i should start to move out of the car spot, as i was moving it was as if the car was lurching forward, then backing off, then doing it again, continually. so i pulled into another car spot, turned her off, gave the engine bay a quick check over, found nothing. hoped in and she started fine, everything was back to normal, no warning lights or anything, and remained that way for the whole drive home (40 mins of bumper to bumper traffic).

just wondering if anyone has had this happen before, and if so if you know what causes it.
today was the first time the car has ever done this on my watch (25k kms).

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Post subject: Re: help, thottle warning light showed its face
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 06 BF XR6

VIC, Australia

It has happened to me also, same as you have said.
Turned it off and on never had it happen again.
Only ever done it once.

Current car 2011 FG XR6 Ute Limited Edition

Past cars:06 BF XR6
97 EL

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

The code will be logged in the ECU and posibly have some freeze frame data with it, With the use of a good scan tool you should be able to work out what caused it on that occasion.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Bionic BA MkII XR6

Power: 175 rwkw

WA, Australia

winman wrote:
today i started up my car at uni, and the car was on a slight down slope (front down).
95% tank of 98 premium fuel, car was parked for 3 hours, never had any fault like this before, 78k kms on the clock, 05 ba xr6.
I was sitting in the car for about 4 mins with the car just idling in park. and then it sounded as if the revs died really low, it felt as if the car was on the verge of stalling, and the throttle warning light was lit up on the dash.
I though maybe its a sign i should start to move out of the car spot, as i was moving it was as if the car was lurching forward, then backing off, then doing it again, continually. so i pulled into another car spot, turned her off, gave the engine bay a quick check over, found nothing. hoped in and she started fine, everything was back to normal, no warning lights or anything, and remained that way for the whole drive home (40 mins of bumper to bumper traffic).

just wondering if anyone has had this happen before, and if so if you know what causes it.
today was the first time the car has ever done this on my watch (25k kms).

I've had a similar thing happen on a couple of occassions - but both only at times when I drove it a bit hard and the car was still cold - ie within a minute or two of starting up. As you say - switch off - wait a few secs then switch back on and all is good.

BIONIC 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 - XR8 Snorkle - Typhoon 2nd CAI - K & N Panel Filter - polished BBM intake - polished ceramic coated Pacemaker 4490 headers - Magnaflow 3.5" high flow Cat - Full mandrel stainless exh syst - 4speed SSS -BPT Custom tune - 20% UDrive - XR8 Calipers/rotors - 175 rwkw

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

hmm yer well the car is never driven hard until it warms up, and recently ive been babying it around everywhere, apart from those 5 second squirts to get thro amber lights :lol: . im just hoping its a one off thing like what GetToTheGone had.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: FG XR6 Turbo Ute

VIC, Australia

maybe just a rich little bit of fuel which sent the tps out of range, and ecu back throttle off

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]