Fordmods Logo

HI-CLONES 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

bowsaw wrote:
cool, be interesting, i had one in a VL i had, couldnt tell any diff, waste of money these days, rather buy a monster tacho.
Or some neons

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

got any pictures as the airintake on the hilux have something like this in them stock so i don't know if the same idea or competely differetn

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Froudey wrote:
got any pictures as the airintake on the hilux have something like this in them stock so i don't know if the same idea or competely differetn
Mate it was close to 5 yrs ago when i worked there

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

WA, Australia

noisy wrote:
Froudey wrote:

that was his last job too, lol.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

bowsaw wrote:
noisy wrote:
Froudey wrote:

that was his last job too, lol.
Yes retirement is doing me well...LOL

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 21 images

NSW, Australia

you may not belive me and most who know me know i dont talk s..t.

in the case of my au v8 i mounted a borrowed hiclone from an asian mate inside the air flow meter on the filter side of the meter and got a gain out of it .

i didnt dyno it but i could feel a definate gain up high n the rev range.

my guess is that i was running rich and the swirling airflow leaned it out a bit into that magic zone of afr 12.2to 12.6..... by fooling the mafm.

bf xr6turbo siemens injectors, full plazmaman 800 hp intercooler kit, 5 inch cat and custom dual 2.5 inch zorst, billet flywheel with mal wood clutch kit, braided hoses, big brakes, 3.2L surge tank/w twin 044's rebuilt motor with forged and billet everything 420+ rwkw on 98. holden killer.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

bfhoon wrote:
you may not belive me and most who know me know i dont talk s..t.

in the case of my au v8 i mounted a borrowed hiclone from an asian mate inside the air flow meter on the filter side of the meter and got a gain out of it .

i didnt dyno it but i could feel a definate gain up high n the rev range.

my guess is that i was running rich and the swirling airflow leaned it out a bit into that magic zone of afr 12.2to 12.6..... by fooling the mafm.
When we did the hilux the guy who owned it sworn he was getting heaps more power, was p****d when it showed a loss of 2kw on the dyno with the hi clone in....

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

I think the only time you might benefit from one is in the low rpm/partial throttle so the dyno isnt going to show much.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

hey the low rpm part throttle is where you do 95% of your average driving so maybe it does work? I wouldn't expect a huge gain if any at max power wide open throttle. If you look at it in terms of real world city driving in traffic then who knows? The best indicator would be fuel consumption as measured in traffic. I am still not going to spend $180 for one LOL

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

richard williams wrote:
hey the low rpm part throttle is where you do 95% of your average driving so maybe it does work?

IMO they will work when the engine is built poorly. The idea is that the hi-clone creates turbulance to the air in the intake manifold which helps mix the air and fuel and stop the fuel from forming droplets. This woulod be helpful if you had a big carby sitting on an intake manifold with long wide runners because the low velocity of the air in the runners will pretty much guarentee poor air:fuel mixing. Add some turbulance and you get better mixing and less fuel forming droplets. On modern fuel injected manifolds, particularly BBM's, the manifold works on resonance and the runner size and length are already optimised for low end work. The fuel injectors do a good job and creating a fine mist of fuel very close to the valves. Adding turbulace before or around the throttle body isnt going to do anything low down and will be a restriction and high rpm.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
richard williams wrote:
hey the low rpm part throttle is where you do 95% of your average driving so maybe it does work?

IMO they will work when the engine is built poorly. The idea is that the hi-clone creates turbulance to the air in the intake manifold which helps mix the air and fuel and stop the fuel from forming droplets. This woulod be helpful if you had a big carby sitting on an intake manifold with long wide runners because the low velocity of the air in the runners will pretty much guarentee poor air:fuel mixing. Add some turbulance and you get better mixing and less fuel forming droplets. On modern fuel injected manifolds, particularly BBM's, the manifold works on resonance and the runner size and length are already optimised for low end work. The fuel injectors do a good job and creating a fine mist of fuel very close to the valves. Adding turbulace before or around the throttle body isnt going to do anything low down and will be a restriction and high rpm.
now that makes perfect sense stock. there you go folks, I think this guy here just clarified the usefulness of this piece of metal!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2