Fordmods Logo

High-tek headers.. People's opinions + why?? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I also have a set of these, came with the car
i like the sound and performance wise feel good too

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

are you seriously endorsing Hi tek headers over JMM ones?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

i am :)

more grunt, have you tried/seen both (and price differance)

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

More Grunt wrote:
are you seriously endorsing Hi tek headers over JMM ones?

Knowing what I know now about these extractors and where JMM sometimes got their extractors from, I would be happy to say the extractors were comparable apart from the price.

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

akademiks wrote:
they go real good, comparable to all the top brands for less price.

And what do you bas this comment on?

Lets be honest - this which extractor is better debate has been going for years now.

Depending on who you ask/talk to you'll get a different answer. And listening to the manufacturer or seller is just not going to give you a true answer either - clearly people are going to recomend the product they make or sell.

When someone independent tests them all out then you'll know which is the best.

There's other factors to consider as well but, such as what you want from the extractors - the differing designs will cause power increases at different parts of the rev range - so someone looking for more low end torque is not going to be happy with the same product as someone looking for top end power...

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well I want low end torque.

based only on the headers, no other mods, what brand in your opinion achieves this?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

More Grunt wrote:
well I want low end torque.

based only on the headers, no other mods, what brand in your opinion achieves this?
WILDCAT 21X, the only brand used by 4.0L sprintcar for its low down torque. its got a nice street friendly torque band compare to others.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

firstly... its Hi-Tech! not hi tek....

i have the long series on my car (longer reach back) and they are fantastic

IMO Hi-tech > Pacemaker

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

The owner of Hi-Tech detailed to me a case of a mate who had an AU1 I6 Auto ute with pacemaker comps complaining of lack of low down torque and high fuel consumption for the driving he did.

Dwayne offered him a set of his Hi-Techs to try, and the guy got all his torque back and an extra 100 to 150km out of a tank.

He looked at my JMM extractors and said to me not to bother buying a set of his, they wont make any difference. When I persisted, he gave me a nice discount as he felt he was doing me a disservice by selling me a set of his. So I bought them, put them on, and all of a sudden my car was alot better off the line, punchier through the whole rev range and a bit more fuel efficient too. Really, what more could I ask for.

A f**k decent product, a vendor who was trying to say I was stupid for upgrading (honesty right there), excellent knowledge and excellent results from a couple of hours work.

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so far we have hi tech and wildcat 21x nominated as the best torque producing headers.

definately not what I was expecting at all.

what makes the wildcats so special? My mate at work told me he saw them and reckons they look very very weird.. as in the design. Others here have rubbished them. I conclude there are to many opinions in the world....

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

More Grunt wrote:
so far we have hi tech and wildcat 21x nominated as the best torque producing headers.

what makes the wildcats so special? My mate at work told me he saw them and reckons they look very very weird.. as in the design. Others here have rubbished them. I conclude there are to many opinions in the world....

The wildcat has a low profile design, it hugs the engine block. the only draw back is the secondaries. they sits inside the collectors like any other extractors, unlike pacies patent cone-over design... but you can turn it into a cone-over the DIY way for extra kick. but it might shift & spread the power band just a little higher in the range. which I believe is a good thing :wink:

You can pay for the top brand but you'll most likely be paying for marketing overhead cost. lol

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:20 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

More Grunt wrote:

Whereas I conclude you should just pick one and be happy.

You want a good opinion, buy each one of the leading brands and test them back to back yourself and see which is the best. Its the only way your gonna know.

Until then, deal with the opinions.

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:10 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Just avoid Press bent stuff. is it Lukey? I think that has a press bent set.. I think everyone agrees that these are s**t.

Now moving on.

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
The owner of Hi-Tech detailed to me a case of a mate who had an AU1 I6 Auto ute with pacemaker comps complaining of lack of low down torque and high fuel consumption for the driving he did.

Dwayne offered him a set of his Hi-Techs to try, and the guy got all his torque back and an extra 100 to 150km out of a tank.

He looked at my JMM extractors and said to me not to bother buying a set of his, they wont make any difference. When I persisted, he gave me a nice discount as he felt he was doing me a disservice by selling me a set of his. So I bought them, put them on, and all of a sudden my car was alot better off the line, punchier through the whole rev range and a bit more fuel efficient too. Really, what more could I ask for.

A f**k decent product, a vendor who was trying to say I was stupid for upgrading (honesty right there), excellent knowledge and excellent results from a couple of hours work.

I gained heaps of low end torque with my comps, not much low down power though. The comps are designed for mid-top end so thats where all the power is gonna be

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

I run the standard pacemaker 4499 headers and there okay. I read in an article that they were designed to help the 6cyl falcon for towing applications. eg Caravan

If I could go back in time and buy another set, i would definately go the Wildcat 21X, mainly because of the small primary pipe diameter (a must for low down torque) and there cheap.

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next